General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Londonderry stupid you oaf?
Because I'd find it obtrusive a bunch of tosspot, snobby cockneys wanted to rename an area with the name of the capital city.

Derry is an anglicisation of the name that was already existent. Londonderry translates as London Oak Grove. Does it look like an oak grove in London?

If the unionists have a problem with Irish language they really shouldn't be living in Ireland forcing such stupid views on people who put their loyalty first to the land they live on.

Then again, many of these same people annually celebrate invasion by a foreign king to depose of a native, rightful king.

I do respect them for wanting to be part of the UK - even though I think we've already moved away from that with the Rep. and considering how shit the elites (Brits and Irish but with the issues stemming from British gentry) treated people on that island during the tenure of London centred rule, mismanaging the whole country where the effects were harshly felt in Ireland being a different island.

Last edited:
I call it Derry. I've always thought Londonderry sounds wank.
Yes, I call it Derry, most people in town do, although some Unionists, strangely enough from out of town call it Londonderry which is its correct title by royal charter, all nationalists call it Derry or Doire which is Irish. I posted Derry originally and it was altered, so I posted Derry/Londonderry and get a sarky remark, just can't win!

Where were you when Blair and Brown were doing the same? And all those before them?

What will Corbyn do if he's elected? Refuse to deal with them? How much will that take out of his costings or will he just plant another money tree?

1,I was slagging them all off at the time.
2, stop selling bombs to human rights abusers
3, Yes, hopefully
4, Who knows, you work it out and get back too me.
5, What's a money tree?

So you're happy to see huge cuts to public services like health, education, police, local government as long as someone who once supported the IRA isn't PM?

The IRA has largely ceased to exist and, while there are still problems in NI, they aren't coming back as things stand.

And while I don't like his support for Hamas, Israel isn't exactly going to be quaking in its boots if he were to become PM. Personally I'll be voting on the basis on which party I believe can deliver a better future, not the one whose leader might have done something I didn't like 30 years ago.

AC is a busted flush. One of the most miserablist fuckers on here, myself included. Blinded by hate.

Because I'd find it obtrusive a bunch of tosspot, snobby cockneys wanted to rename an area with the name of the capital city.

Derry is an anglicisation of the name that was already existent. Londonderry translates as London Oak Grove. Does it look like an oak grove in London?

If the unionists have a problem with Irish language they really shouldn't be living in Ireland forcing such stupid views on people who put their loyalty first to the land they live on.

Then again, many of these same people annually celebrate invasion by a foreign king to depose of a native, rightful king.
It was originally Doire, which means land of oak groves, I think county Derry is known as the oak leaf county, as I posted before Derry was my original post, it got altered to Londonderry for some reason, anyway Derry is quicker to type!
The Battle of the Boyne celebration on July 12th is part of the culture now and is not for you to belittle, many battles such a Bannockburn in Scotland, battles from English civil war are even reacted, I am not an advocate but if people want to commemorate these things, live and let live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.