General Election June 8th

Who will you vote for at the General Election?

• Conservatives

Votes: 189 28.8%
  • Labour

Votes: 366 55.8%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 37 5.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 8 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 23 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 33 5.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
18814144_10155485975343489_2128962177468312441_n.jpg

I need to state my case first.

I absolutely abhor the tory party and everything they stand for, I am naturally a Labour supporter. However I am a keen Brexiteer and yes, I do understand what I voted for and yes I would vote leave again - this on the grounds I view the EU as a money grabbing self serving bunch of ....... Furthermore, even though I am against the EU, I would seriously consider leaving this country if Diane Abbott got anywhere near to running the Home Office. It would be an absolute disaster and very dangerous to have such a racist woman in charge of our Police Forces and in running our secret service.

So who do I vote for? I hate the fact that Corbyn is so open to Terrorist organisations, and I fundamentally disagree with his immigration policy.

I'm thinking it has to be May to negotiate a deal with the EU as I believe Jezza would give everything away. My vote wont count for much as Kinnock is our local Labour candidate and he'll walk it. Trouble is I do not see him as a man of the people. May can get us out of Europe, and then by 2022 when Labour has reshuffled the pack it will be time to reconsider.

This really is a tough election to vote in.
Just imagine Corbyn - or anyone actually who has stated up front that we will not leave the EU without a deal sitting down opposite the EU team.

This will be the EU's team with instructions from the EU that the best outcome is that the UK does not actually leave the EU

The team who will have also been told that if the UK are to leave then please get from them the equivalent of 7 - 10 years worth of contributions - make the bill really heavy - heaviest possible

The team that will have been also told that it must ensure that there is no compromise on the 4 freedoms and ideally to not only get a big lump of money but to also get some commitment to free movement as well

So that's the background and Barnier, on behalf of the EU says:

Right first things first - before any discussion on a Trade Agreement you need to settle the bill that we have decided is due:

Corbyn says:

But, but ,but - let's also talk about a trade Agreement

Barnier:

What part of - before any discussion on a Trade Agreement you need to settle the bill that we have decided is due - was unclear?? BTW we have worked out the bill is £100bn - one-off payment please.

Corbyn:

No no - that is just too much - can you provide all the details of how that is calculated - and also do we not have a call on some EU assets that should offset the amount.

Barnier:

No we cannot provide such detail and no you do not have any such call on EU assets - and also we do not commit that the £100bn is the final bill - we may decide that there is a need to increase that, entirely at our discretion

Oh - and BTW - when we do get around to talking about a Trade Agreement you will need to provide Free Movement of Labour to gain any level of access to the Single Market - come back to us when you have a cheque for us.

And so on - the bottom line is that there will never be any deal other than a bad deal if you hand all the negotiating power to the other party which is what Corbyn has already done. The EU can take the maximum piss knowing that the UK team are committed to not leaving without a deal. Just what the fuck can the UK team do when they have already left the nation open to EU abuse.

I would predict that the outcome would be, after 2 or 3 years, us begging to withdraw the A50 notice and them agreeing that we can after we have accepted that there will be no more rebate(s) and we commit to a date for joining the Euro.

Vote Labour and Remain - simple as that

I do not understand why the Conservatives have not explained this obvious fact more clearly - if you want out of the EU - no matter your political leanings - you have to hold your nose and on this occasion vote Conservative

Ignoring the right on message in the rest of your post, if Corbyn gets in then there's not a chance he will be able to get a penny more out of the corps you're thinking about without a worldwide agreeement. There's a reason google et al pay their tax in Dublin.
Not only for matters such as that but I think we should work closely together with the Rep. in an EU type fashion to benefit every corner of the isles and therefore the whole economy (which wouldn't at all undermine their sovereignty/independence from the UK, or our sovereignty either btw as it'd be equally represented). All part of a bigger theoretical plan in my mind though.

Similar appropriate approaches taken with the rest of the world on all variety of problems like that. I want out of the EU but I want some of the appropriate values retained (it's extraordinary success in building good relations throughout Europe and avoiding European conflicts for example).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/events/droppin_well

I live in Derry/Londonderry Northern Ireland, you are calling the British Army and Unionists murderers. I find this very offensive. Look at this link to the Ballykelly bombing, terrible carnage perpetrated by the murderers you not only defend but advocate, shame on you and shame on any of your scumbag bigoted leftie pieces of grabastic ampibious dogshit, also that appeaser of murderers you want to lead our country!
Even if I were a Northern Irish unionist I'd find Londonderry stupid

Ignoring the right on message in the rest of your post, if Corbyn gets in then there's not a chance he will be able to get a penny more out of the corps you're thinking about without a worldwide agreeement. There's a reason google et al pay their tax in Dublin.

Exactly, the only businesses that will suffer in the main because of a rise in corporation tax is U.K. based small and medium sized businesses. The businesses that can least afford it and as a result will have to reduce employees or be even more uncompetitive when trying to compete abroad. The large corporates already put their European HQs in Dublin so they can benefit from the low corporation tax, and guess what, it's worked. That said many of the head honcho's still work in the U.K. due to the lower income tax rates so we can collect their tax - not for much longer if Labour get their hands on things.

If we're going to pay £10 minimum wages in a global economy then we need to be damn sure that we have the best skills to boot. No point paying 10 quid an hour if you don't have to. If we don't we will likely have to import them.

It's the economics of the madhouse. It will be fine until the credit lines run out.

You see this is my point about people just spouting nonsense. Please show me the post where I indicated this. Do I really need to post scenarios where a voter may vote labour out of self interest?
I haven't suggested you posted anything, I was pre-empting what I thought you would say. By all means.

Who do I hate that's different?

Have you ever travelled? Worked in a different country? Different culture? Do you have friends that are different? Employ people that are different? You're a little Scotlander and you've not got a clue what you're talking about there laddo. You're on a hiding to nothing.

And it's "piss", fuck knows what "pish" is.

So come on, answer, who do I hate that's different? Have you got the stones to say what you're trying to get at?
+1 can we quit the "pish"

I too find it unfavourable to read.

Also @Magicpole - SNP can say they're welcoming of others all they want but if Scotland had the level of immigration some areas in England has had they'd soon change their tune. At the heart of wanting Scottish independence is matters relating to Scottish culture so what'd be the point in an independent Scotland if it's another USA type multicultural country. Only Scotland in name then. Not a matter of race but preservation of the bona fide culture rather than a "hybrid" or one people have to resurge like the native americans. Bear in mind the annual rate of immigration against your current population, then bear in mind why people want to come to the UK, then their decision of whether to go for Brexit UK or welcoming Scotland where it's effectively the same country/island but comfier to live in financially and socially (from a potential immigrant's perspective). Your sense of Scotland would quickly be in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.