General / Mental Health Support Thread

I’m due in Clatterbridge for an outpatients at 3:30 today. They were vague on the phone yesterday but hopefully it’s nothing. Fingers crossed…
I am sure it was just them being busy and so just trying to confirm your attendance for a routine follow up as quickly as possible. Having many family members in medical field I see that all the time. The overload can hurt the bedside manner at times, but it is rarely intentional.

Hope everything goes well!

Booked an appt for next wed to ask if i can do a trial of morphine for this increase in pain, i am so tired and so low , i must get some help if i can hope to lift my mood , chronic pain is relentless and really affects my mental health
Hope you are able to find the right regime to get your pain under control. Just keep trying, as it is all you can do. And, at least in my experience, when you stop trying is when things get much worse.

I told my boss about the cancer last week. She was so supportive.
I have an appointment tomorrow and will find out what the plan is then. I'm truly terrified.
So glad your boss was supportive! That can be a real boost and is lovely to see.

Remember, the job of everyone you talk to whilst in treatment is to deal with your cancer, so you have a small army on your side, and if there was a time in human history to have cancer (or really any condition or disease) this would be it.

Keep us updated!

Survival rates are so high these days as treatment gets better. An early diagnosis is your friend.
Thank you. At my age, the type of cancer I have has a 5-year survival rate of 90%. That goes up to about 95% if it hasn't spread (I'll find that out tomorrow). So if it has to be cancer, it looks like it's one of the "better" ones. Emotions don't always listen to logic though, of course!

Hope you get the pain under control, Kaz. I personally don't like morphine, but I understand your desperation. Have you been to anything like a chronic pain clinic? Where they work out how to manage it best for you?
I have just had four sessions with the pain clinic and followed their instructions and physio to the letter but have got even worse , the fibro has extended and i am resigned to this being the new even worse normal. Been 8/9 months now . Mri of hip and xray was normal and msk agree it is the fibro getting worse . I cant walk so i am getting really down .I am on a ton of painkillers but feel i need to go up a level again . The dr might not agree of course

I have just had four sessions with the pain clinic and followed their instructions and physio to the letter but have got even worse , the fibro has extended and i am resigned to this being the new even worse normal. Been 8/9 months now . Mri of hip and xray was normal and msk agree it is the fibro getting worse . I cant walk so i am getting really down .I am on a ton of painkillers but feel i need to go up a level again . The dr might not agree of course
Have you tried acupuncture?
I believe it doesn't work for everyone but I think I remember a poster saying they had tried all sorts for a pain problem but nothing helped. They then had acupuncture and it was really effective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.