General / Mental Health Support Thread

Booked an appt for next wed to ask if i can do a trial of morphine for this increase in pain, i am so tired and so low , i must get some help if i can hope to lift my mood , chronic pain is relentless and really affects my mental health

So twice I plucked up the courage to ring the Samaritans and yes there was a queue (sign of the times) and I lost patience
Finding the courage to call is a big first step.

Maybe try calling and then spend the time you're in the queue writing down some notes about what you want to say?

I hope you keep trying. The wait is unlikely to be more than about 10 mins even at busy times. And if you're free to call during the day they'll be less busy.

I told my boss about the cancer last week. She was so supportive.
I have an appointment tomorrow and will find out what the plan is then. I'm truly terrified.
Hope the appointment goes ok ,you might feel better if you have a plan set out and you know what is going to happen step by step , at the moment your imagination is running riot

Booked an appt for next wed to ask if i can do a trial of morphine for this increase in pain, i am so tired and so low , i must get some help if i can hope to lift my mood , chronic pain is relentless and really affects my mental health
Hope you get the pain under control, Kaz. I personally don't like morphine, but I understand your desperation. Have you been to anything like a chronic pain clinic? Where they work out how to manage it best for you?

So twice I plucked up the courage to ring the Samaritans and yes there was a queue (sign of the times) and I lost patience
Just keep ringing them until you speak to someone. Maybe try watching something you enjoy whilst waiting in the queue (like a replay of our Luton second half).

I would offer to jump on Zoom to chat but it is pretty difficult to understand me when I talk these days.

Always here via PM if you want to gets things out of your head, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.