General Space Mission Thread

We had landing on a comet and now the new horizons, any other space projects coming up soon?

One that was mentioned a while by Damocles I think was this new telescope James Webb I think, a couple of years off, but it's fascinating. It's like flat pack ikea stuff and it'll all open out when it gets to the right position. It will essentially be able to look further back in time ever before.

edit, here's a pic

The-Anatomy-of-the-JWT.jpg

5390932332_2a06652392_o.jpg

Last edited:
One that was mentioned a while by Damocles I think was this new telescope James Webb I think, a couple of years off, but it's fascinating. It's like flat pack ikea stuff and it'll all open out when it gets to the right position. It will essentially be able to look further back in time ever before.

edit, here's a pic

The-Anatomy-of-the-JWT.jpg
Cheers mate, sounds interesting, is that to replace Hubble?

Interesting programme about the Voyager programme on BBC4 at the moment. If you’re interested in Astronomy it’s worth a watch if there’s a BBC4+1 channel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.