General Space Mission Thread

This is a long and I imagine boring to the entire forum conversation, but the bones of it is that Pluto just isn't gravitationally dominant in its orbit enough to clear a path to qualify it as a planet.

Size is certainly linked to this as mass effects gravity but even a resizing of it wouldn't promote it out of the realms of a Plutoid. It isn't even the biggest Plutoid, with Ceres and Eris both been bigger size wise.
Nat Geo channel are showing Mission Pluto started At 9pm if anyone is interested.

That's class, the Ashes of Clyde Tombaugh, the man who discovered Pluto back in 1930 are on New Horizons.

30uzu6h.jpg

This has really sparked my interest never really been bothered about space but today was avidily reading up on all thngs universe rather than paying claims so I'm sorry your cheque for your claim will be delayed.

It's just amazing that we have images of a dwarf planet sooooooo far away. Then I looked at images of the Galaxy and the position of our solar system in it - oh! Was always my brothers thing not mine but anyway intrigued me

This has really sparked my interest never really been bothered about space but today was avidily reading up on all thngs universe rather than paying claims so I'm sorry your cheque for your claim will be delayed.

It's just amazing that we have images of a dwarf planet sooooooo far away. Then I looked at images of the Galaxy and the position of our solar system in it - oh! Was always my brothers thing not mine but anyway intrigued me

I can't decide on Bluemoon really. There's lots going on with space missions all of the time and I thought I'd update the thread but most people weren't really that interested. As the jackpot has come more into range then people are rightfully interested. So I can't decide whether talking to myself on a thread is something that people will read or if I'm legitimately talking to myself in a sad way. NASA, ESA and other agencies work year around and the news is always daily, this is a little like starting to support City the day of the QPR game, which is great and all support is definitely appreciated, but I feel that you'd have more of an appreciation if you followed it over the years before it gets there :)

I can't decide on Bluemoon really. There's lots going on with space missions all of the time and I thought I'd update the thread but most people weren't really that interested. As the jackpot has come more into range then people are rightfully interested. So I can't decide whether talking to myself on a thread is something that people will read or if I'm legitimately talking to myself in a sad way. NASA, ESA and other agencies work year around and the news is always daily, this is a little like starting to support City the day of the QPR game, which is great and all support is definitely appreciated, but I feel that you'd have more of an appreciation if you followed it over the years before it gets there :)

Ahhh but I just turned the page over when it got to anything space related my brother was the one who had the sputnik toy, my ex into star wars etc to me it was just "up there" somewhere and tbf Damo if I ever asked a question when I was interested I was accused of taking the piss or being stupid neither of which were true it was just a subject I could have become interested in if someone would have realised I knew nothing about it and was asking serious q's and yes I do realise this is a massive a how event and something to be excited about -'if you respond in anything more than a reasonable paragraph I won't read it I'm multi tasking :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.