General transfer rumours

£30m for Trippier, a 31 year old right back?

I suppose it's a case of how much is survival worth.

According to this, the bottom club last season (Sheffield United) pocketed £91m.

Small beer for Newcastle's owners, granted. But I guess it all goes toward meeting FFP.

£30m for Trippier, a 31 year old right back?

I suppose it's a case of how much is survival worth.

Expensive isn't it!?

They don't care how much he costs, let's face it, they're minted - they just get a reliable, Prem-proven player who fits Howe's system at a vital time of the season.

Reminds me of us signing the likes of Kolo - albeit we weren't on the verge of relegation!

We bought Roque Santa Cruz and Wayne Bridge for around that, when prices were much lower
Suppose I'm thinking about the potential impact of the signing. I can think of 4 or 5 more important positions where they need somebody.

Looking like Newcastle might be splashing some of that filthy oil money. Tripper may be on his way, one of possibly 4 signings.
Good on them!!
They've a mountain to climb to stay up though, and suspect any signings will have clauses in there related to relegation.
Welcome to the game Toons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.