General transfer rumours

That is the plan

They are a selling club now

But what kinda dumb model that is
Maybe they are just playing the system.

If you buy 5 players for £50m and amortise them over 5 years that is £50m pa.

You only have to sell one or two academy players or players who have even on the books for a while for a book profit of £50m each year to cover that as profit is taken in the year of sale.

But how the hell it works with the wages of such a huge squad I have no idea, unless their wages are very low. Maybe that where the loans come in.. someone else pays the wages and so after a few years you sell them and book the profit again.

Someone on the radio has just said Chelsea have 46 players in their squad.

Mental.

That is the plan

They are a selling club now

But what kinda dumb model that is

It's simple.. their strategy is 3 squads and rotate em each like a shift at work.

Not sure it's gonna work in football though with only 90 minutes of work needed instead of 24 hours with 8 hour shifts.

The number thrown out about their squad size isn't entirely genuine, obviously its majorly bloated but theres only a handful of genuine first team names not fitting into their match day squads. they're listing everybody that could be involved in a first team squad, to get to that big of a number. there's a big handful of those players that will be kids or development players not dissimilar to what we do with players like perrone or kayky or couto etc. Players that will likely never play for the club and be sold on for profit. Lots of clubs have those players at the club.

You could do a similar thing for us make a list and claim we've got a 30+ squad if you include players like perrone, kayky, couto, Phillips, kabore, Echeverri. With the exception of phillips, most non-city fans wouldn't have a clue who those names were or that they were contracted to city

Chelsea just don't give a fuck. Do you reckon they are just super confident we are going to blow the whole thing to pieces with the results of our hearings and are just spending how they like? I can't get my head around it, just seems like they are digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves. Fair fucks if they pull off some financial masterplan I'm not clever enough to see.

The mental bit for me is the media aren’t batting and eyelid but we paid Mancini an extra 50p 12 years ago and it’s wall to wall coverage.

Chelsea have something like twice as many players as they can actually register, whereas our bench is made up of two keepers and a handful of youth players. I'd still bet my life savings that all season we'll still hear that we've got 2 world class players in every position and nobody can compete with our spending

How is this a thing? I though there was a cap on squad numbers - 25 or so?
You can have as many as you like but you can only register so many to play . You could have 2 totally different teams registered for the Premier and European competition .They basically could end up with players training with squad but not being able to play.

Chelsea just don't give a fuck. Do you reckon they are just super confident we are going to blow the whole thing to pieces with the results of our hearings and are just spending how they like? I can't get my head around it, just seems like they are digging a deeper and deeper hole for themselves. Fair fucks if they pull off some financial masterplan I'm not clever enough to see.
Maybe they have become a company trading football players rather than a football club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.