General transfer rumours

Sterling to them lot is quite annoying as Arteta was classed as the one who got the most out of him when he was with us?

Sterling to them lot is quite annoying as Arteta was classed as the one who got the most out of him when he was with us?
He’s moved from one bench to t’other.

A very strange move. He’d have been better off going to the rags. Either way though, it won’t damage us. Same with Sancho.

It’s like some moves happened for the sake of it. Desperate.

Management, structure, a cohesive footballing ideology. Not that I know if he will be a success or not... but the differences between how Chelsea and arsenal are currently ran are significant.

That's very true... But we have all that and he was poor in his last few seasons for us.

We moved him on at the right time.

That's very true... But we have all that and he was poor in his last few seasons for us.

We moved him on at the right time.
IMO, Sterling wasn't "poor" for City in his last few seasons, he just wasn't as consistent as he was previously, which I put down to the season when KDB was out for nearly three months.

After an indifferent start to the season, Kev sustained an injury so the team was shuffled accordingly. However, we went on a 7 game winning streak with Bernardo, Sterling & Gundog being particularly impressive. If memory serves me right, didn't Raheem play several matches as Captain too?

Kev was back in training, & we had the Rags up next, but incredibly (imo), Guardiola STARTED a clearly not match fit KDB, benched Bernardo & moved Sterling. Both Bernardo & Sterling's form suffered for the rest of that season, & IIRC, that was the first time that murmurings surfaced of Bernardo wanting to leave.

We lost to the Rags ending our winning streak, & an exhausted KDB was withdrawn early in the second half, but the damage had been done.

Sterling never seemed the same after that game, & every summer since until this one, rumours remained about Silva wanting to leave.

Sterling probably realises his loan move to Arsenal is his final chance with a major English club. I very much doubt this will be lost on him, or that he'll pass up the opportunity.

This is an excellent move for Raz & Arsenal, & one which brings them a step closer to City. We all know what a motivated & on form Sterling can do. Thankfully, Gundog returning has also moved City on a step forward too, not forgetting Echeverri's arrival in January.

Personally, I wish we'd have gotten a Julian replacement, but I have a feeling that City will be training as much with a No 9 as with a false 9, hence why he's given McAtee a golden chance to prove himself for a season, as he did previously with Palmer.

In Txiki & Pep I trust...

He’s moved from one bench to t’other.

A very strange move. He’d have been better off going to the rags. Either way though, it won’t damage us. Same with Sancho.

It’s like some moves happened for the sake of it. Desperate.
Chelsea wil now pay Sterling less than they would have had to. Good result for them

IMO, Sterling wasn't "poor" for City in his last few seasons, he just wasn't as consistent as he was previously, which I put down to the season when KDB was out for nearly three months.

After an indifferent start to the season, Kev sustained an injury so the team was shuffled accordingly. However, we went on a 7 game winning streak with Bernardo, Sterling & Gundog being particularly impressive. If memory serves me right, didn't Raheem play several matches as Captain too?

Kev was back in training, & we had the Rags up next, but incredibly (imo), Guardiola STARTED a clearly not match fit KDB, benched Bernardo & moved Sterling. Both Bernardo & Sterling's form suffered for the rest of that season, & IIRC, that was the first time that murmurings surfaced of Bernardo wanting to leave.

We lost to the Rags ending our winning streak, & an exhausted KDB was withdrawn early in the second half, but the damage had been done.

Sterling never seemed the same after that game, & every summer since until this one, rumours remained about Silva wanting to leave.

Sterling probably realises his loan move to Arsenal is his final chance with a major English club. I very much doubt this will be lost on him, or that he'll pass up the opportunity.

This is an excellent move for Raz & Arsenal, & one which brings them a step closer to City. We all know what a motivated & on form Sterling can do. Thankfully, Gundog returning has also moved City on a step forward too, not forgetting Echeverri's arrival in January.

Personally, I wish we'd have gotten a Julian replacement, but I have a feeling that City will be training as much with a No 9 as with a false 9, hence why he's given McAtee a golden chance to prove himself for a season, as he did previously with Palmer.

In Txiki & Pep I trust...
Exactly right about Raheem. Very tricky for any player to shine at Chelsea these days, Arsenal on the other hand will bring out the best in him, just like Kai Havertz.

Reunion with Mikel, Jesus, and Oleks. More settled team, better environment, a clear and established system (that's not too far away from the one he excelled most in), and simply a better squad, all things that will help in this scenario he finds himself.

Sterling led all of Europe for goal involvements in 2019. Yeah, I know it's a while ago, but he is still one of the elite. He'll be a superb addition for them, and is a bargain of a free loan on a subsidised wage.

Regards an Alvarez replacement... Completely agree that we could have done with another forward option, although not necessarily quite in the Alvarez role or model.

I was and am very pleased with our window, as I pretty much always am these days, but the one disappointment for me is that we didn't get a backup for Haaland over the line. I do think we could try again in January, especially with late window deals getting knocked back for Kyogo and Orri this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.