General transfer rumours

is it right, if they run down and stay to the end of their contracts, they get loyalty bonuses? If true, not surprised it so difficult to move them on..

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 4m4 minutes ago
City currently have 18 foreigners, with only 17 allowed in the squad, but are finding it hard to sell those due loyalty bonuses. [Mirror]

1. MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 5m5 minutes ago
    The players City were ready to sell are due substantial loyalty bonuses, if they walk away as free agents next summer. [Mirror]

2. MCFC Info ‏@MCFClnfo 5m5 minutes ago
    Selling them has proven problematic because they are aware that they can run down their contracts and trigger loyalty payments. [Mirror]

Not sure I buy that.

We do have 7 players whose contracts expire:

Clichy
Willy
Sagna
Zabaleta
Fernandinho
Yaya
Navas

But it's not like we want to get rid of all of them - Sagna, Clichy, Fernandinho at least should all be players we want to keep.

And on top of that, yaya is the only one on a particularly big wage.

Not sure I buy it either. For example, Fernandinho was singled out by ownership for praise on his performance last year, alongside KDB, Aguero, Sagna and Hart. I'd be highly surprised if City were looking to shift him, same for Hart.

Smacks of the Mirror putting two and two together - City are acquiring a number of younger players/talent, therefore they must be having difficulty shifting their older players.

That crack about Bellerin was already closed and City don't seem to have any qualms about targeting international players, given we are linked with Sane, Kroos and Bonucci.

Those we want to give new deals to can't wait till the end of the season,it's stupid to have contract negotiations during the season,we don't need the distraction or players feeling insecure not knowing what will happen at the end of the season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.