General UFC thread

That was disappointing last night, poor, poor strategy from one of the best champions the sport has seen along with a big dose of bad luck, very happy for McGregor though and he'll want a rematch himself after that.

Weidman/Rockhold was the match of the night, fantastic.

I was wrong about Aldo but fuck me did he look beaten before he stepped in the octagon. Never seen such a nervous fighter pre match.
Fair play to Mcgregor, clean contact, out cold but Aldo was very rash coming in like that, trying to force the issue. One thing is for sure, Mcgregor really does get inside their heads.

Also liked the Romero fight, that first round was phenomenal ...

Everybody loves a fighter who can predict the way he beats his rival McGregor said he cant see Aldo coming out for the second round boy was he right he has said he wants to move up a division too and I wouldnt blame him for doing it. Aldo was poor rushing in like that. A rematch could happen but i dont think it happens in his next fight think that KO to Aldo will have a long term effect on him. He was out cold as soon as it landed. I hope that McGregor gets his Croke Park fight they could put him in with anyone and the demand would be sky high and would sell out within a hour or so. He deserves all the praise in the world and all the money he gets too. I cant wait to see the reception he gets whenever he comes back to Ireland. Proud to be a Irish man and theres more talent there coming up too. The first of many I hope.

Congrats mate, Ireland must be proud and buzzing..i mean St Helens in the pubs and the like are buzzing when Martin Murray is fighting so fuk knows what Dublin must have been like in the early hours..well done.

Great hit from McGregor. I think we could see him going for the lightweight title at UFC 200 now

I'd rather a rematch with Aldo or Mendes first, I think with that quick a knockout against Aldo and the reduced prep for Mendes he hasn't faced either properly.

I'd rather a rematch with Aldo or Mendes first, I think with that quick a knockout against Aldo and the reduced prep for Mendes he hasn't faced either properly.
Can't see Mendes getting another chance after Edgar beat him.

Aldo was beaten before he got into the ring with McGregor not really saying much during this build up. 6 months ago McGregor said he saw a beaten fighter with fear in his eyes. Now Aldo knows McGregor can knock him out easily. Despite what he said after the fight I think Aldo will be hoping McGregor moves up and leaves him alone

Can't see Mendes getting another chance after Edgar beat him.

Aldo was beaten before he got into the ring with McGregor not really saying much during this build up. 6 months ago McGregor said he saw a beaten fighter with fear in his eyes. Now Aldo knows McGregor can knock him out easily. Despite what he said after the fight I think Aldo will be hoping McGregor moves up and leaves him alone

Doubt it, you don't get to where Aldo got to with that mentality, I think he needed to be beat and it'll make him come back a better competitor, dominance hasn't helped him. Mendes is still suffering mentally from the McGregor fight, a couple of wins and he'll be back with a bang.

Doubt it, you don't get to where Aldo got to with that mentality, I think he needed to be beat and it'll make him come back a better competitor, dominance hasn't helped him. Mendes is still suffering mentally from the McGregor fight, a couple of wins and he'll be back with a bang.

Strange one, really.

I expected Renan Barao to fight harder and better against Dillashaw in the second fight.

Sometimes, a fighter beats a former champion cos he's better, simple as.

Might just be the case with McG and Aldo.

Bigga has just stole my thunder but I just think Aldo doesn't believe he can beat him. It's one of those things which crops up. Barao/Dillashaw, Penn/Edgar and I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey will suffer the same fate with Holm.

Having seen that McGregor has no intention of relinquishing when he moves up I'm guessing the rematch is on. Although I can't wait to see what Edgar does against Conor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.