General UFC thread

Amazing three nights of fights. Thought it couldn't live up to the hype but it bettered it.

10 years undefeated and in 13 seconds it was wiped out. Incredible from McGregor.

Unbelievable how loose and calm he was whereas Aldo looked tense and rushed in with his right hand down and chin high.

Bigga has just stole my thunder but I just think Aldo doesn't believe he can beat him. It's one of those things which crops up. Barao/Dillashaw, Penn/Edgar and I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey will suffer the same fate with Holm.

Having seen that McGregor has no intention of relinquishing when he moves up I'm guessing the rematch is on. Although I can't wait to see what Edgar does against Conor.

The only thing Edgar has, that McG doesn't, is being light on his feet. IF McGregor allows it, FE will dance around the cage, popping jabs and darting for take downs. C McG has good take down defence, but as Mendes is the only one good enough to exact it, Frankie E will get countered.

I can only see McG cutting off the cage and sparking FE out.

And I like Frankie Edgar!!

No matter what happens with McGregor he is making himself a rich rich man. I heard he got close to €5 million for the fight last night. Thats crazy money. I think that money could well go up in his next fight too. He is printing money for the UFC and himself. I would love to see him fighting in Croke Park it would sell out asap no matter who they put him in with. At croke park you could well get anything from 80000 plus in there if McGregor gets a cut on the gate too it would be huge money.

Tonight is UFC in Orlando for the Lightweight title between Cowboy Cerrone vs Dos Anjos.

Looks a great card.

Fightpass prelims starting in 30 mins if you can find a stream.

CWm2S5nU4AAq_bR.jpg

As much I would love to see the Dos Anjos Cerrone fight, I'll just download it tomorrow!

I'm a HUUUUUGE Cerrone fan, but I think his lack of early tempo and lack of strength will see him lose this fight.

Dos Anjos has everything he has, but with greater strength and better wrestling.

It will have to be some knock out for Cowboy to be champ!!

Didn't think I'd be awake, but watched the main card.

Only fight I was disappointed with was with Dos Santos. Needs better self belief and to impose his will on his opponent.

The other fights were predictable.

I did find it hilarious how Diaz and Dos Anjos called out McGregor!! Diaz would get dusted, but Dos Anjos is real beast at that weight.

I would predict another KO/ TKO for DA against McG, easy.

Didn't think I'd be awake, but watched the main card.

Only fight I was disappointed with was with Dos Santos. Needs better self belief and to impose his will on his opponent.

The other fights were predictable.

I did find it hilarious how Diaz and Dos Anjos called out McGregor!! Diaz would get dusted, but Dos Anjos is real beast at that weight.

I would predict another KO/ TKO for DA against McG, easy.

The McGregor fight has certainly ruffled a few feathers as was evidence in the antics of Diaz and Dos Anjos....quite funny really, Conor must have pissed himself laughing watching that.

I really enjoyed the Diaz fight, although i did want Johnson to connect with his chin and knock him out mid way through his sledging. I was surprised at the Dos Santos result, although Overeem fought well.

The McGregor fight has certainly ruffled a few feathers as was evidence in the antics of Diaz and Dos Anjos....quite funny really, Conor must have pissed himself laughing watching that.

I really enjoyed the Diaz fight, although i did want Johnson to connect with his chin and knock him out mid way through his sledging. I was surprised at the Dos Santos result, although Overeem fought well.

Yeah, it's a strange one with Jr DS.

I don't know if it's the pressure of being the only great heavyweight Brasilian hopeful, at the moment, but since his first experience of being KO'd, he's looked tentative in the ring. It's not helped, of course, by his robotic and prone form in the ring. He really doesn't move his head off the line and this is a superbly athletic guy for his size!! I mean, I can't think of another heavyweight that can throw a roundhouse wheel kick, like he does! It's a shame he doesn't utilise it more, although I'm sure it takes energy just to think about it, never mind throw it!!

Mentally, he's so hesitant!

Quite honestly, something has to change and maybe he needs to change his camp.

I know he's faithful to Luiz Dorea and it's adorable, but he has to think about his career before he becomes an 'also-ran'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.