General UFC thread

Kinda wanted to see Conor defend the title.

Regardless of the Diaz result, he will defend his title at Featherweight.

I'm fully expecting McG to have learned his lesson, stop squaring up and break down ND.

Diaz has poor lower defences as he's bothered about head hunting too much.

Repeated strikes to the legs, mixed with body punches, should have Diaz all primed for a KO.

Take heed McGregor!!

Brave man fighting him again. Diaz just seemed so much bigger.
Don't see how McGregor beats him, Diaz is never ever getting ko'd and as soon as he lands a big shot it's all over. The first shot Nate landed won him that fight and I just don't see him losing, too much size difference.

Don't see how McGregor beats him, Diaz is never ever getting ko'd and as soon as he lands a big shot it's all over. The first shot Nate landed won him that fight and I just don't see him losing, too much size difference.

Why is everyone concerned about this mooted 'size difference'?

If anything, McG has shown that 'difference' to be minute. His faults were fight strategy, which can be rectified as I have pointed out before(based on defeats inflicted upon Diaz previously) & being the 'tough Irishman' by holding his chin out.

McG fought Diaz's fight through pride and got caught out. Fight his own fight based on strategy and he wins.

You will see Diaz shoot when he's hurt. Big giveaway and should have McG up his game with the understanding he's nearing a KO.

Why is everyone concerned about this mooted 'size difference'?

If anything, McG has shown that 'difference' to be minute. His faults were fight strategy, which can be rectified as I have pointed out before(based on defeats inflicted upon Diaz previously) & being the 'tough Irishman' by holding his chin out.

McG fought Diaz's fight through pride and got caught out. Fight his own fight based on strategy and he wins.

You will see Diaz shoot when he's hurt. Big giveaway and should have McG up his game with the understanding he's nearing a KO.
Diaz hurt Connor with the first punch he landed, McGregor was hitting him with everything he had and still couldn't Ko him. Yeah he'll be more cautions and fight differently, but I just don't see him winning. Diaz is an iron chinned monster, he won't get ko'd and that's why I see the fight going the same way the first did.

Diaz hurt Connor with the first punch he landed, McGregor was hitting him with everything he had and still couldn't Ko him. Yeah he'll be more cautions and fight differently, but I just don't see him winning. Diaz is an iron chinned monster, he won't get ko'd and that's why I see the fight going the same way the first did.

Have you seen the losses Diaz has had?

Sure, no KO I can remember, but that's cos of stoppages.

Have you seen the losses Diaz has had?

Sure, no KO I can remember, but that's cos of stoppages.

Only one to Josh Thomson in 2013 I think, who is a legit fighter but spent his best years at Strikeforce, beating him by constantly moving and throwing plenty of kicks to the legs and head. I think Conor could beat Diaz but as a few have said he needs to change his strategy and prepare better for a 170 fight. The only reason its at 170 again is so there's no excuses if he beats Diaz beating him at the weight he lost originally, by all accounts everyone but Conor wanted the fight at 155 including Diaz.

Also saw this morning that DC has pulled out of his UFC 197 title fight against Jon Jones which is a massive shame as that could of been an absolute belter. Ive scrolled the internet to see what the talk is in terms of a potential opponent for Jones is, thinking Anthony Johnson stands out, but by all accounts he hasn't been offered it and there are talks of the other title fight being the main event (Dem Johnson vs Cejudo) so maybe they will move it to UFC 200.

Also saw this morning that DC has pulled out of his UFC 197 title fight against Jon Jones which is a massive shame as that could of been an absolute belter. Ive scrolled the internet to see what the talk is in terms of a potential opponent for Jones is, thinking Anthony Johnson stands out, but by all accounts he hasn't been offered it and there are talks of the other title fight being the main event (Dem Johnson vs Cejudo) so maybe they will move it to UFC 200.

I was looking forward to this fight. Ah well, I hope they bring in a good replacement, heavyweight or light heavyweight

It seems four-weight Thai champion Saenchi is heading to the UFC.

He's a traditional and genuine Muay Thai fighter (not the watered down version we see in the ring).

He's 28, he's unpredictable and his knock outs are special.

Of course, he will be susceptible to certain fighters, but give him time and I can see him reigning.

Looking forward to his visit!

Dos Santos vs Rothwell is the main event on UFC fight night from Croatia the main card is on BT Europe from 7pm and is mainly heavyweight fights.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.