General UFC thread

Not a big Connor fan but you can't really count teh Duffy and Silenkov fights, they were so long ago and he was barely training. I thought the second Nate fight was closer than a lot of people thought as well tbh, that one should be played back.

I heard he wants the Masvidal fight, that's a biiiiiiig mistake if true as Masvidal is bigger than Nate and as seen in their fight, he's a fucking monster.

I want to agree, but I will wait and see what his form looks like on the weekend!

:)

Yeah, Helwani.

Thought it was a good, engaging and probing interview!

I think JJ needs someone more flexible than SM, someone to challenge him.

SM is a stand up fighter who gases when driven. He doesn't impress me, honestly.

He's not very mobile, but all HWs present OPK, so in theory he'd have a chance.
I thought Stipe was losing by a big stretch against DC in the last fight tbh. I only mentioned Stipe because he's the champion, i think JJ could go straight for the belt.

Now Nganou vs JJ, sheeeeet!

I thought Stipe was losing by a big stretch against DC in the last fight tbh. I only mentioned Stipe because he's the champion, i think JJ could go straight for the belt.

Now Nganou vs JJ, sheeeeet!

Ha! I forgot SM was Champ! I see your logic now!

As for FN vs JJ, I'd fear for Jones' life cos he's not the best at slipping punches!

Jones just ain't ready for a weight class that holds Ngannou.

He has been beaten 4 times in a cage mate, not including the circus boxing shite... All submissions choke holds and knee bar.. Not denying his marketability at all or indeed his ability in the cage, all I am saying is I would not be gobbing off like he does having been submitted 4 times in 25 fights..! I also though Diaz won the return fight too..!

Diaz
Nurmagomedov
Joe Duffy
Silenkov

Tbf I did say twice in ufc, loved Joe Duffy thought he was a lethal fighter when he turned up in ufc just never worked out for him.

I watched the second Diaz fight through again last week not a chance anyone but Connor should have won that, nate had one round where Connor was gassing but after that he didn't offer much.

I just hope Connor looks sharp and starts fighting more often again. Money clearly went to his head he'd achieved everything he ever wanted so now it's down to creating a legacy and good luck to him.

Still think bisping should have been knighted for what he achieved as a British fighter.

Tbf I did say twice in ufc, loved Joe Duffy thought he was a lethal fighter when he turned up in ufc just never worked out for him.

I watched the second Diaz fight through again last week not a chance anyone but Connor should have won that, nate had one round where Connor was gassing but after that he didn't offer much.

I just hope Connor looks sharp and starts fighting more often again. Money clearly went to his head he'd achieved everything he ever wanted so now it's down to creating a legacy and good luck to him.

Still think bisping should have been knighted for what he achieved as a British fighter.
Totally agree about Bisping, amazing what he achieved, i think McGregor will be very sharp on Saturday, he knows that despite all he has achieved, he needs to leave the sport as a world title holder to cement his legacy in place, Saturday is the next rung on that ladder and if he is defeated, which I don't think will happen, it will be tough to come back from, even for him..

Ha! I forgot SM was Champ! I see your logic now!

As for FN vs JJ, I'd fear for Jones' life cos he's not the best at slipping punches!

Jones just ain't ready for a weight class that holds Ngannou.
I dunno man, JJ doesn't look to me like he should be a LHW, other than those skinny legs he's a beast. And then when you see his older brothers you quickly realise how he could bulk up and be much stronger. Then you account for the Stipe vs Nganou fight where Stipe eventually got a hold of Nganou and took him down, i think Jon has a much better arsenal of takedowns including clinch and trips. Something that is very underrated for Jones are his submissions, they really are top class and he's fucking clever man. When he really has a challenge, for instance the DC fights, he steps up to another level and his fight IQ is on another planet imo. However i do get your point, Nganou punches are the first ones that have actually terrified me, he's a legit monster.

I dunno man, JJ doesn't look to me like he should be a LHW, other than those skinny legs he's a beast. And then when you see his older brothers you quickly realise how he could bulk up and be much stronger. Then you account for the Stipe vs Nganou fight where Stipe eventually got a hold of Nganou and took him down, i think Jon has a much better arsenal of takedowns including clinch and trips. Something that is very underrated for Jones are his submissions, they really are top class and he's fucking clever man. When he really has a challenge, for instance the DC fights, he steps up to another level and his fight IQ is on another planet imo. However i do get your point, Nganou punches are the first ones that have actually terrified me, he's a legit monster.

I want to clear something up the about SM vs FN fight.

The way I remember it, FN had only just started to learn wrestling a few months before, so therefore, reverting to type in that fight was a no brainer.

He fought wrestlers in Blaydes and Velasquez after and they could do sweet FA to him as he'd further learned the wrestling game, since the Miocic fight.

Honestly don't think Jones could ever win against him.

I want to clear something up the about SM vs FN fight.

The way I remember it, FN had only just started to learn wrestling a few months before, so therefore, reverting to type in that fight was a no brainer.

He fought wrestlers in Blaydes and Velasquez after and they could do sweet FA to him as he'd further learned the wrestling game, since the Miocic fight.

Honestly don't think Jones could ever win against him.
Nganou hasn't been fighting for long, he only started in like 2013 or 14, but he smashed Blaydes twice. I wouldn't put too much into the Cain victory though, he was long finished before then due to injuries. JJ is incomparable to any other wrestler in the whole of UFC, the way he uses his greco mixed with his length makes it a huuuge problem, i think given enough time to bulk and understand the extra weight, he could 100% do it.

Nganou hasn't been fighting for long, he only started in like 2013 or 14, but he smashed Blaydes twice. I wouldn't put too much into the Cain victory though, he was long finished before then due to injuries. JJ is incomparable to any other wrestler in the whole of UFC, the way he uses his greco mixed with his length makes it a huuuge problem, i think given enough time to bulk and understand the extra weight, he could 100% do it.

Yeah...

I'm not averse to the possibility of a Jones win, but I would take stock in the 'youth' of Ngannou's fighting game, his ability to learn and adapt as well as his strength. It just seems a lot to contend with.

But, as always, I'm open to the fight and the IQ of what goes on in the ring.

Watching the UFC from fight 1 all those years ago will do that you!

Yeah...

I'm not averse to the possibility of a Jones win, but I would take stock in the 'youth' of Ngannou's fighting game, his ability to learn and adapt as well as his strength. It just seems a lot to contend with.

But, as always, I'm open to the fight and the IQ of what goes on in the ring.

Watching the UFC from fight 1 all those years ago will do that you!

Ngannou could knock out a bull haha, I think JJ is the most talented fighter since the Spider would love to see him step up and make that fight happen.

Just watched all of Mcgregors press conference with Cowboy was a good watch, Masvidal did a decent interview afterwards too he really wants to fight McGregor for a big pay day and I don't blame him. He has some heavy hands I reckon they would fuck Connor up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.