General UFC thread

It's got to be Ferguson, the guy is on a 12 fight win streak, every time something comes along to stop these two going up against each other. 5th time lucky?

Ferguson was gunning for Conor prior to him busting his knee up whilst kicking an iron post during one of his notorious, left field training sessions. By the time Tony came back from the freak injury the whole division had been turned on its head.

I think before Ferguson blow out his knee McGregor was still the champ. I don’t think since Khabib has had the belt Ferguson has called out McGregor?
Khabib wasn’t the champion until during Tony’s lay-off from kicking the iron pole so he hasn’t missed out on four title shots! You make it sound like Khabib has prevented Tony getting a title shot four times he hasn’t - to date there hasn’t been any fights pencilled in for Tony to get a title shot regardless of opponent. Yes he was set up to fight Khabib a few times but that fight didn’t have the appeal as it does now due to Khabib being the champion and his standing within the game increasing (all whilst Tony was recovering from knee surgery). Conor had the belt before Tony’s knee injury so the fans wanted to see that fight not Khabib vs Tony, although if that fight had gone ahead the winner probably would’ve had a shot at McGregor and the title. Conor is no longer the champ so Tony is rightfully looking past him now as he’s become somewhat irrelevant in the division.
I would love Ferguson to get his shot as he’s a great fighter but Dana isn’t sure Tony will accept - he’s said it earlier this week and he reiterated the point during his press conference post UFC 242. He’s been unlucky with injuries he’s only fought 3 times since fight RDA in November 2016 and unfortunately if you don’t fight often enough and refuse fights the UFC wants to make the division and conversations move on - just ask Nate Diaz.

Anthony Johnson is making a comeback, i think it's been a couple years (maybe more?) and he's got HUGE from bodybuilding. I'd assume he's going to go straight to HW, when he fought Arlovski a few years ago he looked like he could become a legit HW and he fucked Arlovski up. HOWEVER, he'd need to take this slowly IMO as there are some huge bastards at HW now.

I'd start him off with someone like Todd Duffee or the guy he was fighting against the other night..

I know the fight was last week, but HO-LEE SHIIITTT!!!!

I've just watched the Cub Swanson vs Kron Gracie fight! Nice to see Cub return to form, but Kron...

Totally different breed to his family! A TRUE MMA fighter! The man can bang and take a shot!!

Best fight I've seen this year!

If you haven't watched the fight yet, I highly recommend it!

It's the co-main event to the Jędrzejczyk vs Waterson fight.

Ben Askren has announced his retirement. Seems a shame. I thought he still had something to offer the division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.