General Videogame Thread

Anyway, for sports gamers F1 2020 is out and you can create your own team for the first time this year.
First F1 game I’m considering buying since F1 2017. It is hard to innovate a game that is based on a sport that changes so little from year to year but the My Team feature does look pretty good.

Old school... But what a game

Been on my to play list for a while and think I'll have to now you've posts that :)

I played everbody's gone to the rapture, a walking sim and story driven so not everyone's cup of tea, but what an incredible game that was. Genuinely like walking round a village in Norfolk, poking your nose into everyone's houses.

Been on my to play list for a while and think I'll have to now you've posts that :)

I played everbody's gone to the rapture, a walking sim and story driven so not everyone's cup of tea, but what an incredible game that was. Genuinely like walking round a village in Norfolk, poking your nose into everyone's houses.

It's a great game, the graphics and music are stunning, you get totally lost in the whole experience... And at £1.49 on Steam its an absolute steal. Thanks for the heads up on the game "Everybody's Gone to the Rapture" I will deffo be purchasing it :)

Yeah, I was totally wow-ed by that one. There were loads of stories you could follow. I still worry if that couple ever found the dog.

Edith Finch is another one in the same mould I'd reccomend. It's somewhere between a simple family history and a wild ride into grimm fairy tales.

I enjoyed The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter quite a lot. The quality of the puzzles varied dramatically but at it's best it was a very uncanny and immersive experience. The landscape is remarkable, and it delves quite effectively into a mystery-horror hybrid.

They are releasing an expanded version of The Stanley Parable soon! Should be fun. Follow up The Beginner's Guide is a lot more reflective, with relatively little humour, but it's a bizarre and strange thing by the end, with plenty to say regarding games and the way we invest ourselves in them.

There's a little known walking sim called Virginia. It's not got the expensive look of these other games, and some people didn't like it. But it's a really interesting dream-like journey of someone joining the FBI, quite reminiscent of Twin Peaks. I had to quit because it's locked at 30fps and the movement is a little odd. But I did like it - a lot. Gone Home is highly reviewed but it didn't really satisfy me.

Firewatch is one I've started a couple of times but never got far. I do rate the writing but the characters seemed pretty unlikeable, that's probably my problem rather than the game's. The same writers were involved in Oxenfree, a 2d walking/talking sim, that one I can definitely recommend.

There's a load more 'smaller' games, the very short, very meta Dr Langeskov, The Tiger and the Cursed Emerald (Free), a very philosophical and beautiful nature walk called 'Walden', and like ...a tonne of others. Everyone seems extremely happy with A Short Hike.

The Hex is probably my favourite narrative game I've played this year, and that has a hilarious walking sim sequence at it's centre. Although there's really no centre to this game, as it spills out all over the place. If you like narrative games, ARG's, are into spotting references, secrets and parodies, this one is really a bit of a must.

(Full disclosure I got everything from Firewatch down for $5 in the itch racial justice bundle I spammed a couple of weeks back, sucks to miss out, but I would definitely say these games are worth the normal asking prices)

First F1 game I’m considering buying since F1 2017. It is hard to innovate a game that is based on a sport that changes so little from year to year but the My Team feature does look pretty good.
Really enjoying the My Team feature so far. Makes you care a lot more about your own career mode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.