General Videogame Thread

Is a disk drive really worth that much more? Are you limited on anything by going for the cheaper version?
Disc games can be bought second hand and can of course be sold on if you don't want to keep them. Can't do that with digital. So, you might possibly save in the long run if you have the disc option.

Furthermore, not every disc game gets a digital release. Most of the 'big' games do, but if you have a taste beyond the AAA titles, or if you want to import games from other regions that aren't available in the UK or on the UK Playstation Store, then, again, you might want that disc option.

I'm a collector, so I like getting games on discs anyway.

I've had every PS console at launch since the PS2, and launch versions ALWAYS have design faults and problems. For that reason I'm going to wait for the second or third models of the 'phat' PS5 (but before the inevitable Slim). Most launch titles are usually pretty average, too. I'm happy to let others be the beta testers this time!

My main issue with the PS5 is the cost of the controller. That's the problem with having all these hi-tech features - they drive the costs up without really adding much beyond gameplay gimmicks. I'd love for Sony to release a simpler version of the controller that I can buy as my Player 3 and 4 controllers for party-type and sports games.

Disc games can be bought second hand and can of course be sold on if you don't want to keep them. Can't do that with digital. So, you might possibly save in the long run if you have the disc option.

Furthermore, not every disc game gets a digital release. Most of the 'big' games do, but if you have a taste beyond the AAA titles, or if you want to import games from other regions that aren't available in the UK or on the UK Playstation Store, then, again, you might want that disc option.

I'm a collector, so I like getting games on discs anyway.

I've had every PS console at launch since the PS2, and launch versions ALWAYS have design faults and problems. For that reason I'm going to wait for the second or third models of the 'phat' PS5 (but before the inevitable Slim). Most launch titles are usually pretty average, too. I'm happy to let others be the beta testers this time!

My main issue with the PS5 is the cost of the controller. That's the problem with having all these hi-tech features - they drive the costs up without really adding much beyond gameplay gimmicks. I'd love for Sony to release a simpler version of the controller that I can buy as my Player 3 and 4 controllers for party-type and sports games.
Cheers pal, thats really helpful.

Do you have one at all at the mo? This is how it ran on mine, which had farily old gear in it at time of recording.

That looks quite sufficient for me. I am not one for bleeding edge graphics.

At the moment I have an i5 2800k 8gb. Its so old but when it breaks down I am getting an i7, and 6700k will be what I look for. How much memory does your machine have?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.