General Videogame Thread

People who break copyright are cunts. Imagine working on a project for years, spending millions to produce it, only for some nob to rip you off.

people think copyright infringement is victimless, it really isnt

I do it all the time. The thing is I would never buy the product at the ridiculous price point so actually the developer as lost fuck all. Your right though I am a **** the wife tells me all the time.

People who break copyright are cunts. Imagine working on a project for years, spending millions to produce it, only for some nob to rip you off.

people think copyright infringement is victimless, it really isnt

speaking as someone who's been a game dev for over 20 years.

While piracy is a big deal to Dev's, And dev's will do everything they can to stop it, in general those who pirate wont be the ones buying it anyway so its not as bigger kick as you think, and Piracy in the all ways online world is a lot easier control now.

To me and most people I speak too the biggest kicker is the 2nd hand market. where companies like Game/CEX could sell the same copy of a game 4/5 times and the dev get nothing.

These are genuine consumers buying genuine products from genuine shops and the Dev's get zero.

While piracy is a big deal to Dev's, And dev's will do everything they can to stop it, in general those who pirate wont be the ones buying it anyway so its not as bigger kick as you think, and Piracy in the all ways online world is a lot easier control now.

To me and most people I speak too the biggest kicker is the 2nd hand market. where companies like Game/CEX could sell the same copy of a game 4/5 times and the dev get nothing.

These are genuine consumers buying genuine products from genuine shops and the Dev's get zero.
Can you tell me why digital copies cost so much, surely this would help prevent your CEX scenario, they should be at least 50% cheaper I know I’d but more if it was, otherwise I’ll wait a year and go CEX for a cheap copy, even years old games on digital are full price most of the time.

so you want a cut of resales ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.