General Videogame Thread

Is there any way to get alerted tp when stores have some in stock? Looking to pre order a ps5 disk version but struggling to find anywhere with stock.

Just got an email from Smyths advising me my pre-order has been cancelled but they gave no reason.

Rang them and they advised orders are being cancelled and they don't know why. They took my details and said they will contact me back

Is there any way to get alerted tp when stores have some in stock? Looking to pre order a ps5 disk version but struggling to find anywhere with stock.
I’ll doubt you will get the first wave now you’ll probably looking at jan next year or eBay and pay over the odds

Bought the Xbox One on release and tbh, not going to do that again this time around. I got lucky and mine had no problems, but even then there just aren't any games for about a year at least worth the money. I'm still a bit undecided as to which to go for, but can't see any rush to pick any time soon. Might end up getting both at some point like I did this gen, but I'd be surprised if I regret not getting an early one

Finally picked up FFVII remake as it dropped to the near £20 mark I'd had in my head as acceptable.

It's a great game no doubt, but if it wasn't for the story, like so many of the recent entries, you'd be pushed calling it a Final Fantasy game from the gameplay. Some extremely linear sections, I'm on chapter 6 and still only for one weapon each available for two of the characters, and the battle systems pretty much just mash square until things die. I just want to explore the world but, nope, you can't go that way Cloud!

Such a shame that some developers see the turn based system as outdated, and i see FF 16 will be real time combat too. I'd have though recent successes like Dragon Quest XI, Persona 5 and the Cold Steel series would have shown otherwise. Plus summoning doesn't seem so grand when they are fighting alongside your doing average damage.

Still, all that said, it's a great game and not sure it would ever have totally lived up to expectations anyway. But really all its made me want to do is replay the original turn based games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.