General Videogame Thread

No way are they waiting 12 years between releases.

Other rumours are saying back end of 2023 which would be less gutting...

2025 is just so long away.

Kinda annoying these days how long some of the major games are taking to get made to be honest.

Massive waits for some of my favourite game series these days. Skyrim at least 2025 maybe GTA in 2025.

Who knows when the next Fallout, Metal Gear Solid etc will be coming out?

No way are they waiting 12 years between releases.

Rockstar are so financially sound they have no need to rush a game out of the door. it will go when they feel its ready., they have more to lose by rushing a game out that doesn't live up to the hype.

Same reason why Valve has never done Half Life 3. they would cause loads of damage to the company reputation if its not right.

I guarantee they have had a core team working on GTA6 for years, probably from the moment they completed GTA5 originally, they were working on Red Dead 2 before Red Dead even came out so technically that took about 8/9 years of dev.

Kinda annoying these days how long some of the major games are taking to get made to be honest.

Massive waits for some of my favourite game series these days. Skyrim at least 2025 maybe GTA in 2025.

While its understandable frustration, the level of work in a AAA game is obscene. using GTA 5 again as an example they had hundreds of people working shifts 24/7 for years. and the more powerful the kit the longer that will take as the art assets need to get revamped/refined etc etc. when GTA6 hits full development speed they will have thousands of people working on it in pretty much all the studios around the world.

Its the little things too that take time, If they use real world photography for there art then there's tons of touch ups to do to the textures. I recall some mates working on 1 game back in the day, they were on a team of artists who's entire job for about 6 months was removing tram/power wires from the textures gathered from real world places, nothing more. just that.

Rockstar admitted they overworked staff during the RDRD2 release so i can see why they are doing this.

Taking more time whilst people are working from home etc.

We are still getting new GTA content with the online element. Something im going to start playing again i think

One of the cons about the next gen technology is games take longer to develop as little details can be enhanced a lot more than before.

Just finished the final season of the walking dead, formerly telltale's TWD.

Took me a while to get into it, maybe because it's a while since I played the previous one and these story driven choice games take a while to settle into the pace.... But the story is just great. From around the third episode onwards I started to get really involved with the characters and, although that subsided a bit by the ending, I found the whole Clem finale quite satisfying.

Had read that many hated it but I think I'm ok with it. Replayed the story a couple of times as you do to see the other possibilities, and yeah, I was rooting for Clem but in the end even what happened felt like a victory.

I've watched enough foreign films to kind of get used to it, only difference is here you are controlling them as well. But you get the jist of what is being said. Really cinematic up to now, i do wonder how amazing a PS5 version would be though.

might switch it around then and see how it is.

I usually watched Gomorrah or other shows similar which is foreign language, english subs.

Just started ACT 3 within the game

Just Finished Ratchet and Clank. Top stuff. the level of detail in there is insane. quite buggy though it has to be said. easy to get caught in some scenery and trapped inside objects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.