General Videogame Thread

The gap between games in franchises is ridiculous now.

Morrowind - 2002
Oblicion - 2006
Skyrim - 2011
TES 6 - 2024 maybe?

Fallout 3 - 2008
Fallout NV - 2010
Fallout 4 - 2014
Fallout 5 - 2025 maybe?

There was no Elder Scrolls game in the entire PS4/XBone generation. Even series like Final Fantasy which could always be relied on to churn out a game every 2 or 3 years is going to go 6 or 7 between XV and XVI and Microsoft has gone from pumping out Halo games every other year to 5 year gaps.

I'm not sure how these franchises are supposed to develop fans when you could go from too young to play, to being a grown adult with all sorts or responsibilities and no time without ever seeing a game.
You've missed out elder scrolls online and fallout 76, which is the direction they'd rather take as its much more profitable than giant single player games with no micro transactions

You've missed out elder scrolls online and fallout 76, which is the direction they'd rather take as its much more profitable than giant single player games with no micro transactions

Even Elder Scrolls online was 2014....10 years before the next one.

Even Elder Scrolls online was 2014....10 years before the next one.
Aye but they endlessly churn out new dlc for it still, which is how it works now. World of warcraft destroyed rpgs in the way fifa ut ruined sports games

I speak to a few industry veterans on a regular basis due to work, and they're convinced GTA 6 is 2025 at the earliest. Even then, it might not even feel like the kind of GTA that many want it to be. It'll likely be less focused on story, and more of an online evolving map for multiplayer purposes. GTA as we once knew it is dead now IMO. It's gotten too big. The highest grossing media franchise of all time. You don't rip up that business model and start again - the suits won't allow it.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get modern remakes of the earlier games or something.

No doubt I’ll play GTA6 for a week and sort of get bored of it. I could play San Andreas for days without getting bored!

Got my ps5 coming on Saturday and I can’t fucking wait. Is there games that I should be on the lookout for ?

ratchet and clank is excellent. Probably the one pushing the PS5 the most so far.

Yep. It looks absolutely fantastic. If you haven't played on a very good gaming PC recently then it will be without doubt the best game visually you've ever seen.

It's a big step up from the likes of the PS4 Pro, One X etc. Just such a clarity in resolution, amazing texture detail on the characters and environment and just so much stuff in any one scene.

You can pause the game and you can look around for minutes just taking all the detail in.

ratchet and clank is excellent. Probably the one pushing the PS5 the most so far.
It's a bit steep in cost for a game that for 100% completion takes about 12 hours.

If you want a game with value for money and shows off the ps5. Metro exodus has been upgraded to 4k 60fps with raytracing and it looks stunning.

Ratchet does look the best on the ps5 by a mile though.

It's a bit steep in cost for a game that for 100% completion takes about 12 hours.

If you want a game with value for money and shows off the ps5. Metro exodus has been upgraded to 4k 60fps with raytracing and it looks stunning.

Ratchet and Clank for smash?

yeah it’s not cheap for sure. But does have a new mode once completed so does have replay value.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.