General Videogame Thread

I'm hoping any success from sales translates into a GTA 6 that people actually care about.
I think it would be cool if they took the 3 locations style of old but splice the main story across different eras. Like having an 80s Miami, 90s New York and 00s LA but maybe mix up the locations. There's so much scope to GTA which is why it's such a shame they've followed the money and spend much of a decade pissing about with GTA Online.

I think it would be cool if they took the 3 locations style of old but splice the main story across different eras. Like having an 80s Miami, 90s New York and 00s LA but maybe mix up the locations. There's so much scope to GTA which is why it's such a shame they've followed the money and spend much of a decade pissing about with GTA Online.
I'd like that idea. I mean they've shown their capabilities with RDR2 so I don't see how it can't translate to a series of games for the GTA licence. I think we kind of got that with the episodes from Liberty City (TBOGT was incredible) but they were way too short.

I've never bothered with GTA online; way too toxic community, premise itself is boring and as you say it isn't what GTA is about.

Looking forward to this. I take it you've played Pony Island as well? It's a bit messed up too.
Yeah, although I gave up too soon to realise what was really going on, LOL. But I'm a big fan of Daniel Mullin's work. I played The Hex last year, and got completely lost in it. The easter eggs / arg in this game are actually quite thought provoking. I ended up doing conversions from binary to hex and ascii last night, and realised that depending on the assumptions you made, you could get more than one answer from the same code. Do it 4 bits at a time, and you end up on a web page talking about some 15th century card games. We know this one is deliberate because there's a card from the game on that page. The other method, 8 bits at a time, seems to say something cryptic which could apply to the characters. It involves knowing something about ASCII, it still has characters not used since the first ancient mainframe systems. It's probably a red herring. Right? But the game often seems to be trying to say something about data and the history and future of computing, gaming and stuff..... it's sort of set in different time periods, with an 8 bit section, and an early 3d section. The mechanics involve floppy drives, there's messages on usb sticks. As I say, it's probably a red herring, it also quickly led me to an obscure youtube channel of a producer of a track called 'mystery pack' (which totally fits the game), a twitter account of a DBZ fanatic, some antipodean streamers in their fourties, and a very interesting documentary about something I think might be related to the back story. And there's more clues.. I thihnk. Until I finish the game I won't know, I won't read what the real ARG fanatic community have uncovered. But I'm a little bit richer for going on journey.

The web is like a trap sometimes, we go to the same sites again and again. Danny definitely does ARG's well, the search is supposed to broaden your horizons, you're supposed to read genuinely interesting stuff you'd never have found other wise. My early (pre 2000) experiences of the web were just like that. But today, we're just going round the same four or five sites over and over. A lot of the time, we only read something to win an ongoing argument or make ourselves feel better.

But last night I learned a fair bit and got a little bit of a look at some communities of the sort I'd never ever have looked at otherwise. So I don't care if one side of it is a red herring, it's all about what you get from playing with the messages, drawing on knowledge, sifting through stuff, researching, and paying attention - not just looking up the answer on a walkthrough or wiki.

It's exactly the opposite of most internet these days. Most of the time you're looking for something in particular, or just want something to grab our attention, and we are amazingly quick and efficient at filtering everything else out, and so are the web sites.

But in the good ARG's, you have to go different places, and be inquisitive, attentive, and open to what is there, before you make any judgement or decision whether you like it, approve, or whether it's valid or a red herring. It stops you from instantly just looking at something and saying, pfft, boring... or assuming it's unreliable or it's trying to sell you something, or there is some agenda. And it works. It helps unlearn bad habits.

The Forza Horizon 5 IGN review has dropped this morning and they’ve called it a masterpiece, 10/10. God, I cannot wait for Tuesday!!

The Forza Horizon 5 IGN review has dropped this morning and they’ve called it a masterpiece, 10/10. God, I cannot wait for Tuesday!!

I think this is a more honest review for Forza Horizon 5.

It's a well polished game but other than a new location and some snazzier graphics what new experiences does it offer over the past three Horizon games?

I'll probably grab a 14 day Gamepass code to give it a go but I can't see it holding my attention for long.

I think this is a more honest review for Forza Horizon 5.

It's a well polished game but other than a new location and some snazzier graphics what new experiences does it offer over the past three Horizon games?

I'll probably grab a 14 day Gamepass code to give it a go but I can't see it holding my attention for long.
I find Horizons good for a quick blast now and then. However my main issue is how the success of the series seeped into the motorsport titles. 7 was a mess with all the outfits and daft nonsense.

The fact rockstar had the audacity to release GTA V on the PS3, PS4 and now PS5 without bothering to make GTA VI is a joke. Releasing them games as a remaster is also poor form too.

They never do the work remastering their own games. The entirety of those projects are outsourced to independent developers, this isn't something delaying new games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.