General Videogame Thread

30 hours into Elden Ring and I’ve just beat Godrick The Grafted (along with the Tree Sentinel, Aleeg Dragon and a few others) and it’s DOING MY HEAD IN. I know, I finished Bloodborne and half way on DS3 but why do we put ourselves through these games? I can’t stop playing… but it’ll be the death of me

30 hours into Elden Ring and I’ve just beat Godrick The Grafted (along with the Tree Sentinel, Aleeg Dragon and a few others) and it’s DOING MY HEAD IN. I know, I finished Bloodborne and half way on DS3 but why do we put ourselves through these games? I can’t stop playing… but it’ll be the death of me

First play through it was the best game I ever played did 100 hours + 2nd time around I didn’t feel it 3rd play though speed ran it 4th got bored halfway through!

Just wait for the dlc now..

First play through it was the best game I ever played did 100 hours + 2nd time around I didn’t feel it 3rd play though speed ran it 4th got bored halfway through!

Just wait for the dlc now..
It’s excellent. But I accidentally sold my only weapon and ended up fighting a guy (the boss were the ball worms are in limgrave) to get the curly sword. With a shitty dagger. I thought my head was gonna pop! About 15 times. Twat

Suzerian is absolutely staggering. If you're bored @SWP's back give it a go. It's instantly become one of my favourite games and I really dislike "visual novel" type games usually but it's essentially a well executed Choose Your Own Adventure book as the leader of a recently authoritarian Middle Eastern state whose leader was deposed.

Monkey Island is my favourite game franchise of all time to the point of weird trivia, but this looks like crap and I have no belief that Gilbert has any idea how to recapture the magic of the first two.
Ive got Suzerain installed. Was looking at city / basebuilders but many are either waaayy too anal (nothing works until you schedule how much each citizen holds his farts in), and the other type are just deeply and upsettingly contradictory to play....

(Age Of Empires IV V/O, "The Heroic settlers, weary, made camp, perhaps their search for a safe home was over.... The Heroic Settlers planted crops, to nurture and provide sustainance for their population.... The Heroic Settlers chopped down every single tree in a thirty mile radius to build vast unneccesary symbols of power and religion! Oh I mean, to foster civilisation, and education... or something. The Heroic Settlers journey to their neighbouring town, and without a single thought diplomacy or trade, immediately slaughter every single citizen. The Heroic Settlers burn every last inch of every last structure.. even without being ordered... theyll literally just start burning and cheering... The Heroic Settlers start work on building the exact same thing...but in a different colour".)

As for MI, we ll see... Im at least glad RG has done his own thing. Visual callbacks to the old style would the easy crowd pleaser. But its definitely time to move on. Games like Overboard (and frankly dozens of RPGs) show that Point and Click isnt anywhere near the best format for interactive narrative.

The brilliance of Lucasarts was SCUMM and IMUSE was in them being so elastic. And fun to play with. iMUSE is sensational. Nothing like that really exists today. It all seriously helped create an illusion in our mind of a living world and an interface that wanted to be played with. He did well to stretch the basic narrative+mechanic format with Thimbleweed, but that script needed serious trimming and editing.

Suzerian is absolutely staggering. If you're bored @SWP's back give it a go. It's instantly become one of my favourite games and I really dislike "visual novel" type games usually but it's essentially a well executed Choose Your Own Adventure book as the leader of a recently authoritarian Middle Eastern state whose leader was deposed.

Monkey Island is my favourite game franchise of all time to the point of weird trivia, but this looks like crap and I have no belief that Gilbert has any idea how to recapture the magic of the first two.
Have you downloaded F1 2022 yet? I’ve played each previous incarnation so thinking I may as well do the same for this one.

It’s excellent. But I accidentally sold my only weapon and ended up fighting a guy (the boss were the ball worms are in limgrave) to get the curly sword. With a shitty dagger. I thought my head was gonna pop! About 15 times. Twat
No need to sell swords or armour mate u make plenty of souls. Keep the weapons for later in the game you may need to setup differently for some tougher bosses. I had to reset my attributes about 5 times lol

Played a couple of hours of Farcry 5 on Game Pass. Load of shit.

Have you downloaded F1 2022 yet? I’ve played each previous incarnation so thinking I may as well do the same for this one.

Not yet, as the official esports program is still using 2021 and I've heard some really bad reviews, especially on the VR front which is hugely disappointing. I'm racing in Assetto Corsa still at the moment while hoping for '22 to sort out its stability in multiplayer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.