General Videogame Thread

It's heavy on the power consumption and not compatible with all the new features like DLSS that Nvidia use which is annoying as weaker cards in the 1000 series get to use it.

It's a power hog but still capable IMO, the perfect sweet-spot for 1080p gaming would be an Nvidia 20 series card. 4K could be a little different but 1080p is definitely doable on ultra on most games.

It's a power hog but still capable IMO, the perfect sweet-spot for 1080p gaming would be an Nvidia 20 series card. 4K could be a little different but 1080p is definitely doable on ultra on most games.

Should be some good deals on ebay and fb marketplace for 20 series, the 3060ti was the best card of the 30 series for perfomance/value for money. Some are going second hand for 250 to 350 now, just waiting to find one for myself now.

Should be some good deals on ebay and fb marketplace for 20 series, the 3060ti was the best card of the 30 series for perfomance/value for money. Some are going second hand for 250 to 350 now, just waiting to find one for myself now.

Looks like it could be the new GTX 1060 mate, it'll be around years and years by the sounds of it.

That's what I upgraded to in June. Went from my trusty 1060 6gb to a 2060 6gb. That was done for what I thought was a reasonable £142.

It's about as far as I can can go with my now rather ancient 8 year old CPU (quad core i7 4790).

It seems comfortable in any game at 1080p and hopefully will be for a few years. (Starfield was the game I was worrying about with the 1060).

And with the magic of DLSS it allows 4k 30fps gaming which I find fine on a controller. Cyberpunk 2077 for example looks absolutely incredible.

There's definitely some bargains to be had out there. If you can get a relatively good base PC with a modern 6 core or above CPU and the ability to add a GPU (the 3060ti does sound very good) then you can get some serious performance for not as much money as you might think.

That's what I upgraded to in June. Went from my trusty 1060 6gb to a 2060 6gb. That was done for what I thought was a reasonable £142.

It's about as far as I can can go with my now rather ancient 8 year old CPU (quad core i7 4790).

It seems comfortable in any game at 1080p and hopefully will be for a few years. (Starfield was the game I was worrying about with the 1060).

And with the magic of DLSS it allows 4k 30fps gaming which I find fine on a controller. Cyberpunk 2077 for example looks absolutely incredible.

There's definitely some bargains to be had out there. If you can get a relatively good base PC with a modern 6 core or above CPU and the ability to add a GPU (the 3060ti does sound very good) then you can get some serious performance for not as much money as you might think.

Great post, you don't have to break the bank for a great 1080p experience.

Really enjoying the MW2 Beta, glad it has gone back to basics and the maps are superb
Yeah it's really good. Looking forward to it.

AC Odyssey on Game Pass now, replaying that. It's personally my favourite, I absolutely despised Valhalla.
It's been up and down for me. There's some things i really hate which i'm hoping are just because its beta. One is the UI, the navigation around things is infuriating imo. The perk system is shit, don't know why they changed it to make it so confusing which is the same with the weapon system to unlock things. Visibility is terrible, smoke from your gun to smoke from grenades (don't get me started on flashes) makes it impossible to track anyone. And visible recoil on guns means that unless you are on a controller and get aim assist, it's really hard to track people from far.
I think sliding and the dolphin diving is pretty much pointless, might as well just take it out and bring it back to old skool. I personally loved MW19, but movement on it was a big issue for casual gamers because it had been perfected by nerds to the point they would just slide past bullets like the fucking Matrix. But they either have to go fully in and remove that movement aspect or add slide cancelling back in, there's no point being halfway. Still having fun with it and i had already pre-ordered, but i hope they make some adjustments or people will be going back to the 2019 one again (which happened for Cold War and the last shitty world war one).

The 4Kers on here are like religious fundamentalists.

1080p is a good option, will give you a suggestion later mate ;)
4k is glorious, but the amount you need to spend to have a true 4k experience is just not worth it. 1080 or 1440 is most cases is more than enough. I played the Cyberpunk at 1080p @165fps and it looked great.

I'm extremely excited about Pokemon Scarlet and Violet.

I've completed a version of each traditional game since Red/Blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.