General Videogame Thread

GoldenEye documentary is bringing back some memories, what a game that was! That and mario kart on the n64 were some of the most enjoyable multiplayer games I’ve ever played on any platform (single player was great too, the dam mission still stands out)
When i was in high school, a load of us lads met up at one guys house with a couple N64's and connected them together with a LAN cable. We then did split screen on two tv's and played a game where one of us was oddjob with low health the other two were the bodyguards and the other guy was Jaws who was the assassin. Before that we had Doom, but this just took it all to another level, way before it's time.

So after playing the Modern warfare II Beta, I gave Deathloop a go over the weekend and I have to say that it is a bit bizarre, there are aspects of the game which are executed really well and then there are other things that are a bit strange about it! I'll have to paly a bit more to try figure it out.

I have always assumed that deck builders were not really my kind of thing but on a recommendation I decided to actually give Slay the Spire a go, since it’s on game pass anyway…. holy shit why didn’t I try it sooner. Played it for 5 hours straight last night, absolutely hooked. Feels like it has unlimited replayability.

I have always assumed that deck builders were not really my kind of thing but on a recommendation I decided to actually give Slay the Spire a go, since it’s on game pass anyway…. holy shit why didn’t I try it sooner. Played it for 5 hours straight last night, absolutely hooked. Feels like it has unlimited replayability.
My most played game on Xbox. 498 hours and counting.......I also have 235 hours on PC

Would recommend!!

My most played game on Xbox. 498 hours and counting.......I also have 235 hours on PC

Would recommend!!
Yeah, I can see why! I’m playing it on the Steam Deck and it’s such an ideal game for that device. I was quite pleased with myself that I managed to beat ascension 0 on my 2nd run. By that point the addiction had well and truly set in. Just need to get my boy in bed asap and I’ll be back on it :)

Yeah, I can see why! I’m playing it on the Steam Deck and it’s such an ideal game for that device. I was quite pleased with myself that I managed to beat ascension 0 on my 2nd run. By that point the addiction had well and truly set in. Just need to get my boy in bed asap and I’ll be back on it :)
Ascension 0-10 is not too bad. 10-15 is a proper challenge and 15-20 is just absolutely brutal.

My favourite character is definitely The Defect. You can get some really OP builds on that character once you've unlocked all the cards and relics.

The dailys are really fun as well with the different modifiers. On Xbox I'm consistently in the top 100 on the leaderboards

If you have it on Steam there's a brilliant mod on the steam workshop called downfall where there are two more characters but also you can play as the main bosses and you work down the spire rather than up and the bosses are the characters you normally play on the base game.

I absolutely love this game

Ascension 0-10 is not too bad. 10-15 is a proper challenge and 15-20 is just absolutely brutal.

My favourite character is definitely The Defect. You can get some really OP builds on that character once you've unlocked all the cards and relics.

The dailys are really fun as well with the different modifiers. On Xbox I'm consistently in the top 100 on the leaderboards

If you have it on Steam there's a brilliant mod on the steam workshop called downfall where there are two more characters but also you can play as the main bosses and you work down the spire rather than up and the bosses are the characters you normally play on the base game.

I absolutely love this game
I still have no clue what all the good card synergies are, so much to learn. My ascension 0 win ended up working quite well by totally committing to a Perfected Strike build. I ended up with 3 of them, with 2 of them upgraded. Then by the end, I had 3 of the Dual Wield cards to be able to copy them, one of them upgraded. Then with Snecko Eye, plus various ways to inflict Vulnerability, plus the relic that ups vulnerability to 75% instead of 50%, I was often able to have dream hands where I could duplicate loads of Perfected Strikes and Snecko Eye could make them cheap (or even free) to use sometimes.

I got lucky on the final boss on Act 3 like this. I was down about 200-30 in HP and then inflicted about 250 damage in one turn out of nowhere. I’m sure it’s a pretty shit build once you know the game inside out, but for my 2nd run it did feel very satisfying to see it all come together. Despite the Strike cards being weak, they ended up being integral to my build. Class game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.