General Wrestling Thread

Surprised no one is talking about AEW. I enjoyed the PPV, Dustin vs Cody was an amazing match.

was pretty awesome !

plus just saw the wwe saudi show - where goldberg and undertaker nearly killed each other !

so many botches...that match had actually started well

I found myself watching the Joe Rogan show with Jake the Snake on. It triggered an interest to research (watch videos) from those wrestlers now saying how it was behind the scenes etc.

A lot of questions were answered, like why some fights were really short but had the billing of a pretty decent match. Who knew Andre The Giant had bad matches because he literally drank all the beers in the local bars 30mins before coming on stage. Really interesting stuff.

The Barbarian for example, i could tell that guy was ultra hard yet he would lose to people like Brutus the Barber or similar. Haku, he was always a double hard fucker and listening and watching stuff it is confirmed he was a legit hard fucker and still is, his son wrestles now.

Stuff how the clique's really did hold power, i assumed everything was heavily scripted and edited with Vince the same as any normal business ceo behind all the theatrics.

William Regal, what a top top fella, i would love to have a beer or brew with him and just pick his brains about stuff. I knew he was technically excellent at what he did but had no idea how good he really was across differing geographical disciplines of it, Japan for example. That guy is like a living archive of wrestling knowledge. I found it funny how the Americans were shit scared of him as they heard English wrestling used legit tactics that could break your arm. So they were all petrified of fighting him due to this at first apparently.

Shocked to find Brett Hart needed showing how to do the sharp shooter, loved the Hart Foundation btw, he gave me his shades in Manchester at an event when i was about 12, Undertaker gave me a nod to, he was fighting Papa Shango that night.

Anyway, back to watching Animal eat pizza and lay it out in his long interview i found.

I found myself watching the Joe Rogan show with Jake the Snake on. It triggered an interest to research (watch videos) from those wrestlers now saying how it was behind the scenes etc.

A lot of questions were answered, like why some fights were really short but had the billing of a pretty decent match. Who knew Andre The Giant had bad matches because he literally drank all the beers in the local bars 30mins before coming on stage. Really interesting stuff.

The Barbarian for example, i could tell that guy was ultra hard yet he would lose to people like Brutus the Barber or similar. Haku, he was always a double hard fucker and listening and watching stuff it is confirmed he was a legit hard fucker and still is, his son wrestles now.

Stuff how the clique's really did hold power, i assumed everything was heavily scripted and edited with Vince the same as any normal business ceo behind all the theatrics.

William Regal, what a top top fella, i would love to have a beer or brew with him and just pick his brains about stuff. I knew he was technically excellent at what he did but had no idea how good he really was across differing geographical disciplines of it, Japan for example. That guy is like a living archive of wrestling knowledge. I found it funny how the Americans were shit scared of him as they heard English wrestling used legit tactics that could break your arm. So they were all petrified of fighting him due to this at first apparently.

Shocked to find Brett Hart needed showing how to do the sharp shooter, loved the Hart Foundation btw, he gave me his shades in Manchester at an event when i was about 12, Undertaker gave me a nod to, he was fighting Papa Shango that night.

Anyway, back to watching Animal eat pizza and lay it out in his long interview i found.

I read today Andre the Giant had a policeman follow him everywhere in case he fell over and landed on top of someone. I don't know if that's true or not.

The Brody murder is an absolute disgrace. I feel sorry for Tony Atlas, and of course Brody's family.

Watching the stuff from before my time (Summerslam 88 was when i started watching) i can't believe how big the business was. Remember we only got the silvervision vhs tapes then later some WWF on sky one, just after The Simpsons if memory serves. Some promotions were kind of WWF test beds, others were direct rivals but all the wrestlers moved around them all. Learning all the booking stuff is interesting.

These guys lived hard didn't they, have a 30min bloodbath with Abdullah the Butcher then drive 300 miles to the next town, get smashed, sleep, get up, do it all again. I am sure it is hard now but back then you had to deal with cars breaking down and getting run out of town because Haku knocks out half the US marine core in a bar. From what i can see modern WWE is a pale shadow of what it was in the attitude era and before. The pg era they call it now right?

Thy in match dynamics are very interesting to. I would cheer like mad for say, Brutus The Barber Beefcake against Greg The Hammer Valentine. All the while thinking Brutus is the proper wrestler and the real pro's just in boring bog standard wrestling shorts were the cannon fodder who didn't know much. I know now it would be Greg making the calls under his breathe and he would be selling Brutus to make him look good. I kind of knew that but hearing it from the wrestlers themselves is great.

The stories are brilliant, Macho man being legit scared af of Andre... "umm hey andre about tonights fi...NO BABY OIL, GET OUT, NO BABY OIL!... (door closes quick, Macho man gone)". I found a clip where Coco B Ware didn't respect the giants entrance to the ring and got to close, they were not lying, he slapped the guy back about 6 ft. You see a couple of other wrestlers watch it and their face is like "coco just got a lesson, i want nothing to do with this". The giant was legit the boss.

It is just so bloody sad so many of them are dead. Every other wrestler i search on youtube is dead, the Texas Tornado Kerry von Erich, Miss Elizibeth, Sensational Sherry, The British Bulldog, Macho Ma, Ultimate Warrior, Earthquake... The list feels endless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.