General Wrestling Thread

Same as why people watch soaps and then when they see an actor on the street, shout their character's name!

WWE is a great big soap, like corrie, only with better actors and fitter birds.

Live and let live!

No problem at all pal,as i said,pure curiosity at something that's so orchestrated but creates such a following and hysteria.

Exactly,so explain why some follow it and comment as if they don't realise?
All part of the game I would imagine. Like people think there's a conspiracy against City.

I've watched it for years. They build up a story line and act it out. Sure the outcome is known to the wrestlers before hand but a lot of matches are worked on the fly. That takes a lot of skill. Plus they do really hurt themselves. Jumping off a 20 foot ladder onto someone lying across a desk is bound to smart. Years ago they were muscle bound druggies. Nowadays they are usually clean and proper athletes. They also do it 5 days a week. Some, like Rock or Batista move onto movies. And are very successful.

The women are now role models to young girls everywhere. They showcase wrestlers from around the world. It's all about empowerment and diversity these days.

Why do I watch it?

I enjoy it. I'm not a big TV person, soaps, reality stuff usually pass me by, rather listen to some vinyl or read a book, but for some reason I record this twice a week.

Tuesday morning, cup of tea, watch RAW. Simple pleasures.

All part of the game I would imagine. Like people think there's a conspiracy against City.

I've watched it for years. They build up a story line and act it out. Sure the outcome is known to the wrestlers before hand but a lot of matches are worked on the fly. That takes a lot of skill. Plus they do really hurt themselves. Jumping off a 20 foot ladder onto someone lying across a desk is bound to smart. Years ago they were muscle bound druggies. Nowadays they are usually clean and proper athletes. They also do it 5 days a week. Some, like Rock or Batista move onto movies. And are very successful.

The women are now role models to young girls everywhere. They showcase wrestlers from around the world. It's all about empowerment and diversity these days.

Why do I watch it?

I enjoy it. I'm not a big TV person, soaps, reality stuff usually pass me by, rather listen to some vinyl or read a book, but for some reason I record this twice a week.

Tuesday morning, cup of tea, watch RAW. Simple pleasures.

A lot of them are still quite big guys who must be taking something ‘extra’ to keep in good shape.

What do you mean the women are role models? I have never thought that apart from showing a healthy physique

A lot of them are still quite big guys who must be taking something ‘extra’ to keep in good shape.

What do you mean the women are role models? I have never thought that apart from showing a healthy physique
Some of them are definitely on stuff. When you control your own drug policy...

Batista and HHH definitely are/were. Cena has almost certainly been on HGH, same with The Rock. Lesnar has been on steroids and HGH. Orton and Roman Reigns have done in the past. Jinder Mahal, Charlotte and Big E are suspicious looking enough. Vince (almost) got busted dishing out the juice 25 years ago, there's no reason to think he's ever stopped. Especially given his obsession with size.
I'd wager any wrestler who's spent a while working in non-WWE promotions has been on something of sorts at some point.

They are all geared up.Take nothing away from them though,to build that level of physique and fitness is a phenomenal achievement and deserves respect.The drugs are only an aid not the reason.

They are all geared up.Take nothing away from them though,to build that level of physique and fitness is a phenomenal achievement and deserves respect.The drugs are only an aid not the reason.
Good of you to say that. I believe the average WWE wrestler works out for 3-4 hours most days and that shouldn't be taken away from them. But to do that you'd need 'help'

Good of you to say that. I believe the average WWE wrestler works out for 3-4 hours most days and that shouldn't be taken away from them. But to do that you'd need 'help'
I've been around that world for much of my life,and i know first hand the dedication,sacrifice and pain required to attain such a level.

They have my total respect.

In case anyone was wondering smackdown is on sky sports mix 121, still to watch raw can’t waut

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.