General Wrestling Thread

I docf
I'm just going off what Vince clearly wants to happen, or it wouldn't have been brought up in the podcast.

The Shield angle is money, it would be the end of a 2 year feud and it's what people will want to see, besides them not all facing off at some point soon in their own 3 way feud will end up making them look slightly bizarre.

Of course the alternative is probably going down JR's path of Lesnar/Rollins at WM32, with Lesnar on a huge babyface chase that ends up with him as champion, but then we have the same run as last year where Brock doesn't turn up and defend and we wait about 6 months till Reigns inevitably takes it off him. There are positives to it, but I think I'd rather see the dynamic of the Shield feuding over the belt and getting each other over as stars, I don't think Lesnar needs the belt and gives him fresher feuds, you don't want to go back to 2012/13 Lesnar, it has to be 2014/15 Lesnar all the way, and to do that he needs to keep the opponents and decimation fresh. However, In this alternative scenario, I would have Lesnar need to beat Reigns at Battleground to get his shot at Summerslam, do so, then Lesnar get screwed at Summerslam and go on the chase. Lesnar would get into the Rumble, have to enter #1, and he would eliminate every other superstar in the match, all 29, and go on to Mania and crush Rollins. Then you'd get Heyman to brag about this to the point people get sick of Brock and want Reigns to shut him up, and thus Reigns would then go over and Brock can move on from title stuff to something like Rock v Brock.

Problem is, Rollins is looking too weak at the moment due to his booking, so there would have to be some monumental cheating going on at Summerslam, and not just the better scenario which is "how can this clever architect Rollins outsmart Lesnar", it will be "how can this lucky bastard Rollins get bailed out of this one", the mentality is hugely different and affects Rollins greatly.

Though like I said, whilst that could be great short-term TV I'd rather see the long-term view of getting all 3 of The Shield over as stars, feuding for the belt and getting each other over.

Lesnar with the belt gave the title a little bit more legitimacy, and when he did defend it was great. Special occasions.

I see him coming back & getting screwed out of his rematch.

Rumour is he's back on Monday night

Great clip featuring late, great Dusty Rhodes.Note the reception he gets from the Japanese fans and how terrifying his opponent is..

Gutted to hear about Dusty. Never really affected by celebrity deaths but there's something different about these bigger than life superheroes when they die, especially one as vibrant and groundbreaking as The Dream.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.