Geoff Shreeves - General English Media Mentality

Geoff Shreeves is the biggest shit stirring bastard in the history of "Journalism". I blame him for the Tevez incident when he backed Mancini into a corner suggesting that he couldn't play for City again and Mancini, in the heat of the moment, agreed, thereby making the situation, at the time, untenable. Bobby should have side stepped the issue, but being the honest guy he is, reacted.

I hope Shreeves gets motor neurone disease and someone can come up to him when he's in a wheelchair and tell him, "You do know you'll never wipe your own arse again?". That would serve the bastard right.

Lets face it, if he didn't have the cameras as insurance he'd have his head kicked in on a regular basis. I imagine he thinks he's funny being "Mr Controversial" having a reputation for "Going where other interviewers fear to tread".

Well no, you fat bastard, you're just a gobshite who only gets away with what you do because the idiots at sky will do anything, and I mean anything, to sensationalise even the smallest story possible.

Give the fat bastard a break.

It's the first time he has ever asked a question that didn't start with "How important is it/was it...........?" or "How much did it mean to ............?"

He should be congratulated for that!

On a more serious note, he is typical of the arse-licking matey matey type of Richard Keys "I'm a football man, me" journalism at Sky. Should have been given the boot with Gray and Keys for being cut from exactly the same cloth as them. More interested in trying to come across to UK footballers and managers as 'being like them' (which means asking them banal shit that won't offend their precious sensibilities) than asking incisive questions.

Funnily enough, the same standards don't apply when he is interviewing foreign managers or players, unless they are a huge name and have been here long enough to be 'part of the furniture'. The same goes for less well known UK players and managers who he doesn't want to be mates with. He still doesn't ask them good questions though. Just isn't wedged firmly up their arses and ends up asking stupid, sensationalist stuff instead.

Caught Shreeves on Talksport tonight giving his explanation of what happened. This is roughly what he said.

3 Chelsea players were presented to him for the interview. He would not have asked for Ivanovic and had no choice in who he interviewed.

He said he genuinely did not know if Ivanovic had been booked and (wait for it.....) therefore he HAD to clear that point up for the viewers and ask him. When Ivanovic said "yes" to the booking question he said it left him (i.e. Shreeves) nowhere to go other than to then ask if he knew he was therefore banned from the final. It seemed Ivanovic was unsure that he was already on a booking so (again for the viewers) he had to clear that up and confirm to him he was banned.

Sounds like a crap explanation that he felt obliged to ask on behalf of the viewers as if that's what we wanted and he wouldn't have asked otherwise. But I suppose that's his journalistic head on it.

In fairness he did seem genuine in that he regretted it. One of the presenters defended him for doing it and Shreeves came back at him saying no it was wrong. He said the viewer should never feel uncomfortable but in this case he had created that uncomfortable situation by what he had asked.

I'm not defending him, I still think he's a t**t but I thought it what he had to say about it was interesting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.