George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived in the states for a year had no problems, still have many friends there. And still don't know anyone personally from the uk or the states who supports the wanker in charge of the country. Come on bluemoon and still a fellow blue is fighting the twats corner.

Obama played it safe all the way through his tenure didn't rock the apple cart at all and instead of being the change people thought he became the token.

Infact he helped continue the whole destabilisation of the middle east and the creation of isis.

It's just that Trump is so vile it makes Obama look better than he was.

Obama played it safe all the way through his tenure didn't rock the apple cart at all and instead of being the change people thought he became the token.

Infact he helped continue the whole destabilisation of the middle east and the creation of isis.

It's just that Trump is so vile it makes Obama look better than he was.

Whoa!

Don't say that around here, mate!

He chose to try and compromise'; to be an actual politician until the last 18 months of his tenure.

His "they go low, we go high" ideology wasn't needed at that time of office.

That's where he fucked up.

His neolib tendencies didn't help matters either as you say.

I thought he was going to be everything Bernie promised to be, but he ended up being just another standard, centrist, status-quo politician. I bought into the dream of genuine change in 2008, and then, to fully rubber stamp his centrist credentials, he endorsed Hillary instead of Bernie on his way out in 2016.

There are some things I cant forgive Obama for but, as I said, I also acknowledge the house and senate were fully committed to fighting him on literally anything he proposed, however watered down and weak the proposal was - he still somehow, among other things, brought in affordable healthcare, which obviously isn't universal healthcare but it was a step in the right direction. It's why I have mixed feelings on him, and generally speaking, i agree with you, his time in office was more of a disappointment than satisfaction.

Edit: Although talk of politics is intrinsically linked to what is happening right now, I will try to not derail the thread any further with Obama posts.

I thought he was going to be everything Bernie promised to be, but he ended up being just another standard, centrist, status-quo politician. I bought into the dream of genuine change in 2008, and then, to fully rubber stamp his centrist credentials, he endorsed Hillary instead of Bernie on his way out in 2016.

There are some things I cant forgive Obama for but, as I said, I also acknowledge the house and senate were fully committed to fighting him on literally anything he proposed, however watered down and weak the proposal was - he still somehow, among other things, brought in affordable healthcare, which obviously isn't universal healthcare but it was a step in the right direction. It's why I have mixed feelings on him, and generally speaking, i agree with you, his time in office was more of a disappointment than satisfaction.

Was he a disappointment to you because he offered hope? You potentially may be judging him by by unrealistic standards? He was "Just another centrist...." I think we would all take that right now?

Although this guy wouldn't

Edit: Although talk of politics is intrinsically linked to what is happening right now, I will try to not derail the thread any further with Obama posts.

He nicked 'Romneycare', so I feel I can't even give him THAT credit!

Without that, he'd have had done effectively nothing!!

Was he a disappointment to you because he offered hope? You potentially may be judging him by by unrealistic standards? He was "Just another centrist...." I think we would all take that right now?

Although this guy wouldn't

Yes, I fully admit in one my earlier posts today that I perhaps had unrealistically heightened expectations of his time in office, but even now in 2020, when I can look back on his tenure rationally and thoughtfully, leaving aside my initial expectations, I maintain he was more disappointing than satisfactory. I do agree however, that I would prefer him over Trump today, tomorrow until the end of times.

Yes, I fully admit in one my earlier posts today that I perhaps had unrealistically heightened expectations of his time in office, but even now in 2020, when I can look back on his tenure rationally and thoughtfully, leaving aside my initial expectations, I maintain he was more disappointing than satisfactory. I do agree however, that I would prefer him over Trump today, tomorrow until the end of times.

He's nicer and more intelligent.

There, Obama lovers, I've said something positive to right your worlds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.