Georgia v Portugal - Wed 26th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group F

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
fouls with consequence the new PIGMOL for next season to get out of giving penalties
Is it new? Andy ‘Jairzinho’ Hinchcliffe was always talking about contact with consequence last season, so it may have been around for a while but only in the Championship and below?

What is the Georgan keeper like with his feet. I am not sure he'll pass that test.

The head injury one is even worse. Footballers have thick skin. They could even replay foolish fake injuries in the stadium and it wouldn’t bother them.

Being punished for a dive isn’t a big thing. Even back to back dives. Seen it in a game but ref didn’t give a second one.

If we’re being radical and extreme, the ones where the ball or a hand or boot doesn’t touch a players head, and he feigns injury, then retrospective action of a one game ban. For dives, official warning/statement to the club. Repeat offence, then a one or two game ban.

However, that’s all just fluff for me. They’re not viable.

Speaking of head injuries, I don’t even think they’re taken that seriously as well.
The odd thing is players are NEVER called out for diving, they always try and justify it, if players were actively called out for it maybe the attitude would change

The option should be taken out of their hands anyway. They’ve got one life. Sometimes, it doesn’t even hit you till later
Most head injuries aren’t concussion though. Most are balls hitting players in the face or clashes of heads that cause broken noses etc.

A ref doesn’t know how serious it is until it’s assessed. That means we’re stuck with the going down to stop momentum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.