Georgia v Portugal - Wed 26th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Group F

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That’d stop all players going down even with genuine ones.
If you've got a genuine head injury, you can't help but go down, and the sport needs to take concussion more seriously anyway. The risk involved in playing when you've had a recent concussion is high.

(I wasn't entirely serious in my suggestion, but I do stand by needing to be much more proactive to avoid repeat concussions)

The real question to move the game away from it is what consequences or rule changes could stop diving or feigning a head injury?
The head injury one is even worse. Footballers have thick skin. They could even replay foolish fake injuries in the stadium and it wouldn’t bother them.

Being punished for a dive isn’t a big thing. Even back to back dives. Seen it in a game but ref didn’t give a second one.

If we’re being radical and extreme, the ones where the ball or a hand or boot doesn’t touch a players head, and he feigns injury, then retrospective action of a one game ban. For dives, official warning/statement to the club. Repeat offence, then a one or two game ban.

However, that’s all just fluff for me. They’re not viable.

Speaking of head injuries, I don’t even think they’re taken that seriously as well.

Sagnol is competent enough. Even Wreck-it-Ralph would get something out the current Golden Generationtm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.