Gerard Deulofeu

bapi said:
woahmark said:
bapi said:
Looks like Sergi Roberto and Rafinha will be promoted to their first team too. And if they'll convince Neymar to join them before WC... Tello, Cuenca and Alexis could leave. I still like all three.

Sergi Roberto is more suited to the Xavi role - so he won't give much competition to Tello/Cuenca/Alexis. Rafinha can play pretty much everywhere in attack, not bad as well when it comes to playing false 9. I reckon Alexis and Cuenca could leave. Tello's got a big future.

mgreenz97 said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLUHU2qcuY0[/youtube]
It is from youth games but this is the type of player he is.
So much style, great finishing, so fast, dribbling is incredible and his vision is great to set up other striker.

Exactly, I'd love him at City but I personally think he's not starting XI material...yet. Still very much rough around the edges. He wouldn't want to play for the EDS either, so it's tough. I think the best for the lad is to stay at Barca B, play another season, then get promoted into the first team squad.

If he won't be promoted this season they'll send him on loan to another Liga side. He'll stay but only if will play some real football next season.

Their players if none will leave:
Iniesta -- Messi -- Pedro
Tello -- Villa -- Alexis
Neymar -- Rafinha -- Cuenca
?? -- ?? -- Deulofeu

Three or four will have to leave, I think.

Cuenca probably will be sold, Alexis will go (if the Neymar deal happens) and yeah, like you said Deulofeu will probably be loaned out to a La Liga side. The rest will stay and fight for a place.

Have to be careful with signing young barca players. They usually have a clause which allows barca to take them back if they get good enough (pique , bojan).

J3SUS said:
Have to be careful with signing young barca players. They usually have a clause which allows barca to take them back if they get good enough (pique , bojan).

Only if City agree to it.
And if we did agree to it then we wouldn't accept a low fee.

The problem would be, as already pointed out earlier in this thread, that Gerard is not quite senior side material yet, but at the same time he's far to good to be stuck in an EDS environment. So what would we do with him if he come here?

Well, as fas as I'm concerned, I'd easily rather have Deulofeu as an impact sub than Sinclair for example. And I'd give a starting spot for him in all domestic cup games which should add up to enough senior side action for him to at least consider making the move to us.

We must at some point take a chance, let a young player in and see how far we can take him. Arsenal does this all the time, Liverpool as well.
I'd love to see this deal happen as I'm quite sure Gerrard could in a few years time be one of the best players in the world. Let him become than man here with us.

Buy Deulofeu and Shurrle, and we'd have our wing problem solved for years and years to come.

Matt the Giant said:
The problem would be, as already pointed out earlier in this thread, that Gerard is not quite senior side material yet, but at the same time he's far to good to be stuck in an EDS environment.

But is he not? I mean isn't it feasible that he could contribute as much as Adam Johnson did? He'd probably accept Johnson level playing time in his first season in the hypothetical scenario where he joins us. And it's hard to contribute any less than Nasri has been, I'd rather have a rough around the edges quality young player working his arse off than a passenger who is anonymous for 80 minutes of every game. I'd love Deulofeu here but sadly it looks like he may stay at Barca. We should look to poach the 15/16/17-year-olds like Arsenal have. And an 18-year-old: Sergi Samper.

he would get playing time if he came but it looks like hes gonna sign the extension unfortunately..

LoveCity said:
Matt the Giant said:
The problem would be, as already pointed out earlier in this thread, that Gerard is not quite senior side material yet, but at the same time he's far to good to be stuck in an EDS environment.

But is he not? I mean isn't it feasible that he could contribute as much as Adam Johnson did? He'd probably accept Johnson level playing time in his first season in the hypothetical scenario where he joins us. And it's hard to contribute any less than Nasri has been, I'd rather have a rough around the edges quality young player working his arse off than a passenger who is anonymous for 80 minutes of every game. I'd love Deulofeu here but sadly it looks like he may stay at Barca. We should look to poach the 15/16/17-year-olds like Arsenal have. And an 18-year-old: Sergi Samper.

I don't know LC; I mean... he's just a kid, 18 years old, coming to a new country, a new team... he'd probably need some time to get settled in.

What is it that you and cmdub are talking about, that he looks close to signing an extension? Has something come out from the Barca camp?

Matt the Giant said:
LoveCity said:
Matt the Giant said:

I don't know LC; I mean... he's just a kid, 18 years old, coming to a new country, a new team... he'd probably need some time to get settled in.

What is it that you and cmdub are talking about, that he looks close to signing an extension? Has something come out from the Barca camp?

Only that Barcelona are accelerating efforts to sign him up from what I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to play an 18-year-old (19 next month) with this sort of talent, especially as he'd be coming off the bench most weeks in his first season.

LoveCity said:
Matt the Giant said:
LoveCity said:

Only that Barcelona are accelerating efforts to sign him up from what I've seen. I wouldn't hesitate to play an 18-year-old (19 next month) with this sort of talent, especially as he'd be coming off the bench most weeks in his first season.

Aha, I see. What kind of future does he see for himself at Barcelona I wonder. I'm sure he wouldn't do worse for us than Sterling (also 19 this year) at Liverpool for example, and that would be more than good enough to begin with.

He scored 2 goals today ( one from penalty) and got a red card at the end of the game lol! I didn't watch the game sadly so I have no idea why did he receive one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.