Gerard Deulofeu

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Get it done Txiki...Get it done
This. I'd rather sign him than Lamela/Jovetic, he is younger and has more potential.

With Chelsea being interested (well according to that article, anyway), I can't see him going to them - Chelsea have too many attacking options, how's he gonna get in the starting XI when Oscar doesn't always. Then you got Kevin De Bruyne who is having a great season on loan in the Bundesliga.

If he has sense he would choose City over Chelsea, if it came to that.

woahmark said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
This. I'd rather sign him than Lamela/Jovetic, he is younger and has more potential.

With Chelsea being interested (well according to that article, anyway), I can't see him going to them - Chelsea have too many attacking options, how's he gonna get in the starting XI when Oscar doesn't always. Then you got Kevin De Bruyne who is having a great season on loan in the Bundesliga.

This. We have Silva, Nasri, Sinclair and Milner to some extent.
They have Hazard, Mata, Oscar, Lampard, Moses, Malouda, Benayoun, De Bruyne, Marin, Kakuta and Piazon.

If he signs with barca good for him but he won't play the minutes he wants too they're too deep at the wing and they're only getting deeper with neymar coming in and them not sure who they're going to sell or release this summer

He'd do much better to sign for us where he could legitimately challenge for a starting role as he'd be the only true winger

This might be unpopular but if given the choice... I'd rather sign this kid than neymar. He'd be cheaper and has much more to play for than the latter and would probably be a better fit. Thoughts?

woahmark said:

I'm a big fan of Deulofeu having watched him play for Juvenil A and Barca B the last few seasons but I certainly wouldn't say that he has more potential than Lamela/Jovetic nor would I prefer to have Gerard rather than Lamela/Jovetic in our first team set-up for next season.

Gerard has a lot of potential, perhaps more than Jovetic/Lamela, it's too early to tell. If we were to be sensible this window and buy players who have shown the ability to perform consistently at a high level I'd much rather us spend the money on Jovetic/Lamela. More money, much less risk.

There's no guarantee that Deulofeu will make it to the dizzying heights he's been hyped at. As a player he still has a lot to learn, his teamwork is quite frankly poor at this moment in time; he's a very selfish player who suffers from tunnel vision. The talents there he just needs more time to be moulded into a team player who can contribute to more than one phase of play effectively. His personality is also an issue; he doesn;t share the same humbleness that's a hallmark of most La MAsia graduates. Having said all that I still consider him a supreme talent and hope he makes it at the highest level. He certainly has the talent, there's just question marks about his attitude and whether he can cope with setbacks trying to break into a first team set-up.

To those talking about promotion, Sergi Roberto and Rafinha are due for promotion next season; both are in their 3rd phase of development now. Deulofeu could remain at Barca B for another half a season or be accelerated into the first team set-up. It seems unlikely that Cuenca will stay with the club long term and Villa/Sanchez may leave in the Summer leaving the attack as:

Messi, Pedro, Tello, Sanchez, Deulofeu, Neymar? (Rafinha will likely rotate between attacking roles and midfield roles much like Iniesta/Cesc)

At max they'll have 6 forwards to rotate between in the first team.

woahmark said:
Syth said:
He scored 2 goals today ( one from penalty) and got a red card at the end of the game lol! I didn't watch the game sadly so I have no idea why did he receive one.

I didn't watch the match (couldnt find stream, but was kept updated via Twitter) and I heard it shouldn't have been a red. Saw one of his goals. Barca B have been on quite bad form recently, but they'll bounce back.

kun said:
Keirrison -- Dongou -- Afellay too

All of them apart from Dongou - he's a keeper, still young too. He's what 17 now? No need to sell him! As for Afellay and Keirrison, I'm confident they will go, can't see them making the squad.
Kerrison is already gone, loaned him out to a shite club in Brazil until the end of his contract. He was fucking wank

Harlequin said:
woahmark said:

I'm a big fan of Deulofeu having watched him play for Juvenil A and Barca B the last few seasons but I certainly wouldn't say that he has more potential than Lamela/Jovetic nor would I prefer to have Gerard rather than Lamela/Jovetic in our first team set-up for next season.

Gerard has a lot of potential, perhaps more than Jovetic/Lamela, it's too early to tell. If we were to be sensible this window and buy players who have shown the ability to perform consistently at a high level I'd much rather us spend the money on Jovetic/Lamela. More money, much less risk.

There's no guarantee that Deulofeu will make it to the dizzying heights he's been hyped at. As a player he still has a lot to learn, his teamwork is quite frankly poor at this moment in time; he's a very selfish player who suffers from tunnel vision. The talents there he just needs more time to be moulded into a team player who can contribute to more than one phase of play effectively. His personality is also an issue; he doesn;t share the same humbleness that's a hallmark of most La MAsia graduates. Having said all that I still consider him a supreme talent and hope he makes it at the highest level. He certainly has the talent, there's just question marks about his attitude and whether he can cope with setbacks trying to break into a first team set-up.

To those talking about promotion, Sergi Roberto and Rafinha are due for promotion next season; both are in their 3rd phase of development now. Deulofeu could remain at Barca B for another half a season or be accelerated into the first team set-up. It seems unlikely that Cuenca will stay with the club long term and Villa/Sanchez may leave in the Summer leaving the attack as:

Messi, Pedro, Tello, Sanchez, Deulofeu, Neymar? (Rafinha will likely rotate between attacking roles and midfield roles much like Iniesta/Cesc)

At max they'll have 6 forwards to rotate between in the first team.

Good point, he does suffer from tunnel vision (the match against Madrid Castilla showcased it) but I reckon he will adapt and start passing. Indeed, his personality is quite different to that of other La Masia graduates, I think it's got something to do with the Nike contract he got when he was 15 or so! I understand with youth talents, they do get hyped up quite a bit and many never reach their potential, but I feel Deulo really can do. Jovetic and Lamela are neat talents, but the cost of them will be high, Roma will want quite a bit for Lamela, at least £16m. Fiorentina will want around £20m or so for Jovetic, probably even more. Whereas Deulo is 18 (19 soon) and will cost £8m and is more marketable than the rest.

I think right now his attitude is one of the biggest problems he has now. He will pass, that's not a worry. Thiago didn't pass a lot, always use to dribble, people wondered if he could be fit into the Barca team with the way he played then; but look how he's changed - always looks for the pass now.

I hope he is bought this summer. Rafinha is another good talent, not bad at playing that false nine role. Sergi Roberto is good too - although I think Sergi Samper will be the bigger talent in the future.

Scored 2 goals today against las palmas...at 8M this kid will be a bargain we need to get him in the summer

woahmark said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

dude, looking at the mess at chelski (23 players out on loan!), people are going to think twice and if they don't qualify for the champions league, then in world cup year some people may simply look elswhere, e.g us!

spam1967 said:
is this another one of marwoods.

seen him in a few films, didn't known he a decent footballer.

fuck me who next!

He's gonna be PantiLemon's replacement. Stick him in goal and there isn't the width of a ball at either side! Any goals will have to be scored above 6 feet from the ground. He won't be much cop at goal kicks but any of the back four could step up for them!

Update via @barcastuff

After new contacts past weeks, renewal talks with B winger Gerard Deulofeu (19) are in final stage. Deal should be closed in April. [sport]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.