Gerard Piqué for sale this summer

anybody saying no to pique is deluded, in my opinion of course. yes he may be slightly overated but hes in the top 5 centre backs in the world and we need another class cb, as we cannot rely on viiny and jolean staying fit all year, look how many silly points we dropped this year because of this reason, go figure.

Matt the Giant said:
dref619 said:
LoveCity said:
One of the most overrated defenders in Europe IMO, makes loads of mistakes when Barca are put under pressure. Better out there especially for the price he'd cost.

he's a marginal upgrade on lescott, for far too much money

An upgrade on Lescott, even if it is just marginal, would mean he's a very very good defender. We already have the best CB pair in the league in Vinny and Joleon.

that was my point, i'm not saying hes a bad centre half at all, i rate him, but he edge it over lescott for me, which makes the fee that it would take to get him not worth it

Neville Kneville said:
No, there's a reason that Mascherano is playing at CB.

Pique was shite in the Premier League & will be just as shite again when the likes of Crouch get stuck into him & he doesn't have the Barca shirt on.

yes because he hasnt had to put up with anybody as good as crouch when playing through the champions league and la liga, ridiculous post

kompany10 said:
yes because he hasnt had to put up with anybody as good as crouch when playing through the champions league and la liga, ridiculous post

But the thing is any defender is highly protected at Barca as they have 70%+ possession most games. BUT when put under pressure players like Pique have looked very dodgy and made plenty of mistakes.

I remember this one from last season when our reject Caicedo made a fool out of him and the equally overrated Valdes. Barca's defence is mediocre, Puyol was great but even he is struggling with age and fitness now. I've seen many games where a team has 2-3 chances all game against Barca and scores 1 or 2 goals.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbiEfJVFdH8[/youtube]

LoveCity said:
kompany10 said:

But the thing is any defender is highly protected at Barca as they have 70%+ possession most games. BUT when put under pressure players like Pique have looked very dodgy and made plenty of mistakes.

I remember this one from last season when our reject Caicedo made a fool out of him and the equally overrated Valdes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbiEfJVFdH8[/youtube]

i agree he is overated but hes still in the top 5 defenders in the world, theres no doubt he is a class act.

kompany10 said:
i agree he is overated but hes still in the top 5 defenders in the world, theres no doubt he is a class act.

Personally I don't think he is, I've not been convinced by Pique. I'd rate Kompany, Vidic, Pepe, Thiago Silva, and Hummels as five better defenders and think Lescott, Chiellini, Vermaelen, and Subotic compare favourably with him.

Then there are players like Rami, Sahko, and Vertonghen who I think may be as good but am hesitant to say it until they are tested in better teams. But they might be a better investment for half the price and don't come with the baggage Pique may (questions over his lifestyle).

Honestly? I think he's pretty 'shit' and hyped up.

Lescott is easily better defensively. I mean EASILY.

Just because a defender can do a Cruijff turn under-pressure to keep the ball doesn't mean he's actually good.

I've been a massive critic of Lescott in the past... but he's proved me wrong. He's in that team on merit. Apart from Kompany, I don't think there's been many better CB's in the premiership this season. Would be stupid to break up that partnership.

Agree we need an improvement on back-up centre halves. Savic isn't there yet. Kolo is a decent squad player when you can drag him away from the African Cup of Nations ... and Slimming World.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.