Gerard Piqué for sale this summer

Spanish media is just as awful as the England's.

I doubt this is true, but if it is, I will say one thing: most overrated defender on the planet.

Jumanji said:
Spanish media is just as awful as the England's.

I doubt this is true, but if it is, I will say one thing: most overrated defender on the planet.

But this came from Reuters, not Spanish media and it has quotes from both parties in it. It seems now like the club/player wants to play down any potential unrest or personal differences, but that's what you would expect in such a situation and at this time I think.

No he's not the most overrated defender on the planet. In fact, he's probably one of the best defenders on the planet over the past three years, and if he was available wouldn't he be exactly the type of player Mancini is looking for?

He's won it all right? Everything domestic, every national championship, the Champions league... I think he certainly would add something to the squad.
And if this is true, that Pep wants him out then the price tag will of course be a different one from "normal" circumstances. I still think somewhere around £12-15mil would land him.

If he wants to come to the PL, surely we must be in pole position to get him. Unless Shakira doesn't fancy the thought of living in Manchester that is.

Pique, one of the best? I give up. I think he's okay, but I would put many defenders ahead of him.

Someone will probably try to tell me Pique is the best thing since sliced bread, so when this happens, I'll give my reasons for believing otherwise....too tired to do it now.

Opinions ;).

Barca are runners up because they don't have cover for Villa and because their central defence makes them slightly vulnerable away from home when teams decide to have a go at them.

I guess much of this post depends on how much you rate Gary Neville as a pundit and 'talent spotter' and accept his word for this.

Some good points already made, ie protection within a great Barca team and also the fact we've seen Vinnie fuck up a few times, so we mustn't forget stuff like that, but Neville clearly rated Pique even as a stand-by at the rags and reckoned it was clear he would easily go on to be one of the top centre backs in the world his quality was that obvious.

From what I see, then it's a definite yes if he was available at the right price and not subject to 'City tax' and 'player from Barca tax'.

Jumanji said:
Pique, one of the best? I give up. I think he's okay, but I would put many defenders ahead of him.

Someone will probably try to tell me Pique is the best thing since sliced bread, so when this happens, I'll give my reasons for believing otherwise....too tired to do it now.

Opinions ;).

Same here mate. I think we really don't need Pique now. Even if he would be cheap in the summer.

Very, very tempting but if Barca don't want Pique it won't be without good reason. If he can't screw his head on there he's no hope anywhere else. That said he could always mature

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.