Gerard Piqué for sale this summer

If Mancini isn't going to break the bank for a Grade A defender, then I think we'll just sign someone like Albiol or get Javi Martinez and use him as a midfielder but have both he and Micah available as options for central defence (both more than good enough).

Laurent Charvet said:
I've been a massive critic of Lescott in the past... but he's proved me wrong. He's in that team on merit. Apart from Kompany, I don't think there's been many better CB's in the premiership this season. Would be stupid to break up that partnership.

Agree we need an improvement on back-up centre halves. Savic isn't there yet. Kolo is a decent squad player when you can drag him away from the African Cup of Nations ... and Slimming World.

Sorry but PMSL at that ... great

kompany10 said:
LoveCity said:
kompany10 said:
yes because he hasnt had to put up with anybody as good as crouch when playing through the champions league and la liga, ridiculous post

But the thing is any defender is highly protected at Barca as they have 70%+ possession most games. BUT when put under pressure players like Pique have looked very dodgy and made plenty of mistakes.

I remember this one from last season when our reject Caicedo made a fool out of him and the equally overrated Valdes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbiEfJVFdH8[/youtube]

i agree he is overated but hes still in the top 5 defenders in the world, theres no doubt he is a class act.
Lescott has had at least three such slip ups this season.

Pique can play DM as well, in fact he could be excellent if we ever play three at the back.

If you read all the top 10 charts then you will see Piquebeing right up there. I think he a good defender for Barcelona but got this slight feeling he will flop completely in the PL, he will demand high wages and Barca will want a good fee for him - around £20-£25m imo!

If Fergie did not see any future for him at United then maybe we should learn from it however will we be saying that about Boateng when he is 25 or will we regret selling him!

Kladze said:
Would rather have Thiago Silva, Hummels or Verthongen.

Maybe Silva. But how many high profile matches have Hummels or Verthongen played in Europe. We don't really have the pleasure in developing a CL CB. Pique is a top 10 CB in the world. His issues with Pep are more personal than performance. It's no secret that Mascherano does not offer the attacking prowess nor defensive awareness that Pique has. Mascherano is one of the best tacklers in the open field though.

Blue Haze said:
Guardiola will sell Pique because of Shakira?

OK this sounds like a Sun 'exclusive'

Not exactly matey, from what i have read.

Basically he has been modeling and on the red carpet much more recently and this has coincided perfectly with his dip in form.
That and all the niggly crap having paps always in your face to get a snap of Beckham mark 2 has brought Guardiola to this conclusion.

The director wants him to stay but if he maintainst that stance beyond the end of this campaign Pep will quit due to it seemingly undermininghis authority over players.

My personal view if thats the case is the director/owner bloke would do well to look at Pep's track record and shut his mouth if he wants to continue to be successful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.