Gerard Piqué for sale this summer

Not doing so well without Piqué in the side are they. Fantastic centre half; it's a position we really could do with someone of his abilities.

He's hardly Balotelli is he; get him in!

Just noticed this thread and it has restored my faith in my fellow man. Pique is the single most overrated player in world football and until reading this thread I didn't think anybody else noticed it except me. My mates always think I'm mad but he's an atrocious defender! The only reason anyone believes otherwise is because he's fortunate enough to play for possibly the greatest club side in history and the World Champions Spain. The reality is that he's carried by those around him. Playing for Barca and Spain, he doesn't actually have to do that much defending, but when he is called upon you can be sure he'll make a mistake. He gets bullied off the ball so easily. Yes he can play a pretty pass but that's not what I look for in a centre back. Would much rather have Lescott than Pique.

They will not sell a Catalan player and Barcelona are looking at signing another defender as well.

I think the only way it's oils ever happen is if we sent Kompany the other way. So, no.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:23 pm --<br /><br />
mancblue said:
I think the only way it's going to ever happen is if we sent Kompany the other way. So, no.

BlueBilly said:
Just noticed this thread and it has restored my faith in my fellow man. Pique is the single most overrated player in world football and until reading this thread I didn't think anybody else noticed it except me. My mates always think I'm mad but he's an atrocious defender! The only reason anyone believes otherwise is because he's fortunate enough to play for possibly the greatest club side in history and the World Champions Spain. The reality is that he's carried by those around him. Playing for Barca and Spain, he doesn't actually have to do that much defending, but when he is called upon you can be sure he'll make a mistake. He gets bullied off the ball so easily. Yes he can play a pretty pass but that's not what I look for in a centre back. Would much rather have Lescott than Pique.

Agree. They get away with playing Mascherano at CB sometimes and Yaya played there a couple of times. They prefer good passers of the ball compared to people who can actually defend. Fairplay it works for them but not for us

ell said:
BlueBilly said:

Agree. They get away with playing Mascherano at CB sometimes and Yaya played there a couple of times. They prefer good passers of the ball compared to people who can actually defend. Fairplay it works for them but not for us

Have had this conversation with a mate who is a Barca supporter. He thinks Pique is the best in the world. Fact is, La Liga is trash and he plays with the best team in the world which is not even that great defensively. If you have Dani Alves and Pique on your back line, let's be honest, you aren't considering defense. Any highlight I have seen of Pique has been on offense off of a corner.

Now I would put Pique as a defensive midfielder, but he is not an out and out great defender....Vincent Kompany on the other hand, Vieira said he is the best in the world right now so I have to believe him.

Real-City said:
ell said:
BlueBilly said:

Have had this conversation with a mate who is a Barca supporter. He thinks Pique is the best in the world. Fact is, La Liga is trash and he plays with the best team in the world which is not even that great defensively. If you have Dani Alves and Pique on your back line, let's be honest, you aren't considering defense. Any highlight I have seen of Pique has been on offense off of a corner.

Now I would put Pique as a defensive midfielder, but he is not an out and out great defender....Vincent Kompany on the other hand, Vieira said he is the best in the world right now so I have to believe him.

I don't rate Piquet on the ball either. Sure he's not bad for a centre back but compared to a quality midfielder he's shite.

He would get bitched in the Premier League both defensively & whilst trying to be clever on the ball. Playing for Barca is a lot different than playing over here. Mascherano wouldn't last 5 mins as a CB in our league yet plays regularly there for Barca.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.