Gerard Piqué for sale this summer

Overrated.

Good defender, don't get me wrong, but he's only labelled world class because he's in THAT Barcelona team.

You could stick Evans, Koscielny or Skrtel in that Barca team and they'd still be the best team on the planet.

Pique playing in a side where he gets time on the ball, under little pressure, rarely busy and doesn't have to make last ditch tackle after tackle, then yeah, good player to have.

However, I'd like to see just how good a DEFENDER he is when under pressure more often and not having enough time to finish a cup of tea before releasing the ball to a teammate.

Pretty much anyone could fit in that Barca team.

Puyol on the other hand is miles better.

Is it not Dax who thinks very highly of Pique? Something to do with how he's improved the passing out from the back, especially under pressure? I'm sure there was some very convincing video evidence to support this.

The Fat el Hombre said:
Very, very tempting but if Barca don't want Pique it won't be without good reason. If he can't screw his head on there he's no hope anywhere else. That said he could always mature

Exactly my thoughts. I reckon he would get even worse over here. Maybe Bobby's tough love is exactly what he needs, but I doubt it. As a Spaniard what greater motivation can there be playing for Barca, or Madrid?

Darkhorse said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Very, very tempting but if Barca don't want Pique it won't be without good reason. If he can't screw his head on there he's no hope anywhere else. That said he could always mature

Exactly my thoughts. I reckon he would get even worse over here. Maybe Bobby's tough love is exactly what he needs, but I doubt it. As a Spaniard what greater motivation can there be playing for Barca, or Madrid?

Ask Silva.

He brings along the baggage of Shakira, that's why Barcelona want him out.

He would be a cracking signing! I rate lescott but if pique is available for the right money think we should go for it, sell kolo toure and send savic out on loan to another EPL club. That will leave us with kompany lescott pique and boyata for next season!

Kompany, Lescott, Koscielny, Terry and Ferdinand are all better at defending than Pique.

He looks good in Barcelona because he is possibly the best ball-playing centre back in the world and fits perfectly into their passing game.

One name not mentioned in the thread is Coloccini, one of the PL's best central defenders this season. I'd probably have him over Pique too.

It is a no from me. Not a bad player but if the Barca boss has said his off-field activities is affecting him then we need to be looking elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.