Gerard Pique

Be warned, if he were to join then his face would be plastered all around town...Mango ads.

With his technique he'd do a job in centre mid. Defensively however he's more than a tad suspicious.

BlueBilly said:
No, not every Barcelona player is shit on here according to City fans, they're the greatest club team ever. Carles Puyol is one of the best CBs of his generation, but Pique is fucking wank.

He's a brilliant passer, but is a worse defender than Kolo Toure. He got dropped for Mascherano for the last 10 games of last season, he was subbed off after half an hour in the Champions League semi because he was getting slaughtered by Drogba. To everyone raving about his class, I ask, how often have you watched him play? Or is he just good on FIFA?

You must be joking. He was subbed because he was concussed after Valdes nearly took his head off.

Could we go for Ramos instead?

He seems a lot more steady these days.

Mattyc55 said:
Pique, a man who has pretty much won every single honour in the game as a consistent figure in the great Barca/Spain teams is being labelled as 'wank'. He (like all players) has his flaws and may not as suited to the pace of the Premierleague as the likes of Kompany, but he is top class and one relatively poor season doesn't change that. He and Ramos were imperious in the Euro's, so to call one of the classiest center halfs in Europe 'wank' is a complete joke.

No, come on. Just because the guy held down a place in possibly the best club side ever and the first national team to win three consecutive major championships doesn't mean he is good enough for our squad: we have Stefan Savic.

Matt the Giant said:
OB1 said:
If you believed some posters, none of Barca's players can defend! I think Pique would be superb for us but I don't envisage him being sold: Barca's squad is thin, defensively.

This.
Pique is class, no doubt about it and would easily have a place in our starting XI.
But how could Barcelona sell him when they are really short of defenders? Even if he stayed put they could use at least one more CD.

And how hungry is Pique these days, after having won everything and having played in the greatest football team of all times for several years. I'm afraid motivation would be an issue.
Pique is overrated. He is a good player (i think many see the word "overrated" and think people mean he's shit!) but he's not as good as the top defenders in the world.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 pm --<br /><br />
Matt the Giant said:
Andouble said:
TonyM said:
Could we go for Ramos instead?

He seems a lot more steady these days.

he's a grade A twat.

Maybe, but also one of the best CB's in the world. An impossible signing though.... would cost a fortune and massive wages.
He's the best right back in the world by a mile but is having to play centre half (out of position, no matter how good he is there) to fill in for missing players at both club and national level.

His attacking attributes are completely wasted at CH and it's a shame because he's a fucking sight to see bombing up the wing. Miles better than Alves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.