Gerard Pique

I don't believe that Lescott/Demi would be able to usurp Pique or Ramos. And that's all we need to be concerned about

I would prefer us to sign Pepe over Pique but if this is the type of defender we are going to sign then there isn't many arguments from me. I am probably sounding like a broken record but surely Barcelona are not going to give up a Catalan player that easily?

Surely this is just another case of a players agent using City's name as a bargaining tool in negotiations to help his client get an improved contact at his current club. Nothing to see here, move on.

Hope the rumours aren't true - Pique in - Kompany out!

I know who I would rather have! It's Belgium all the way!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Pique's game was shot. He's lost all confidence and at an all-time low.

He's yesterday's newspapers, good for wrapping up your fish & chips but nothing else.

Might be wrong but I'm sure I've heard it a few times.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that Pique's game was shot. He's lost all confidence and at an all-time low.

He's yesterday's newspapers, good for wrapping up your fish & chips but nothing else.

IMO, you're not wrong at all. I've always found him overrated as a defender (no complaints about his technique and footballing ability but old fashioned defending is also important in England) and he's been even worse lately.

Barcelona are gasping for new defenders so there's no way they'll sell him, I think.

Also no way Kompany will leave.

LoveCity said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

IMO, you're not wrong at all. I've always found him overrated as a defender (no complaints about his technique and footballing ability but old fashioned defending is also important in England) and he's been even worse lately.

Barcelona are gasping for new defenders so there's no way they'll sell him, I think.

Also no way Kompany will leave.

Why would we want him anyway - no way we should sign an ex-Red anyway no matter how good he thinks he is. The Barça machine is breaking up anyhow.

I think Barca have approached signing defenders very arrogantly in the last couple of years, and that's why they haven't got any. Missed out on Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, there was reports last year too that they wanted Kompany, got and will get nowhere near him.

They badly need a top Centre-Back, have done for a couple of years though. I think it will be someone like Mangala.

Why would we want him anyway - no way we should sign an ex-Red [/quote]
Tevez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.