German Vs England

The form book says a Brazil v Argentina Final and that would be superb. I wouldnt be shocked if one of those teams didnt make it. Germany has a real shot v Argentina. That goalkeeper didnt inspire confidence today v Mexico....

rag said:
Ruhr said:
what helped the young germans:
A lot of them know each other since playing for german youth teams at the age of 15-16.
Guys like Özil, Kroos, Müller, Neuer or Khedira were given leading roles in their clubs at the age 20.
I think both give them a team spirit and self-confidence

Those players that you mentioned above. Were they the players that beat convicingly England's U-21s in Sweden?

Neuer, Boateng,Özil, Khedira were in that final

jacko8684 said:
rag said:
Those players that you mentioned above. Were they the players that beat convicingly England's U-21s in Sweden?

oh yes they tore them a new one.....again....

And people are calling for Pearce to become England Manager

avoidconfusion said:
Ruhr said:
what helped the young germans:
A lot of them know each other since playing for german youth teams at the age of 15-16.
Guys like Özil, Kroos, Müller, Neuer or Khedira were given leading roles in their clubs at the age 20.
I think both give them a team spirit and self-confidence

This. Also having 4-5 players from one club (Bayern Munich) as the core of your team helps a lot too.

I cannot see us beat Argentina though, as much as I would love to see our boys reach the Semi.

I think you've got a good chance against Argentina actually, they're vulnerable to the counter just like England are. Demichelis and Heinze don't inspire much confidence (don't know much about Burdisso or Otamendi). If you manage to get at them, i can see you scoring a couple.

If Boateng plays, although he's young, it might even be an advantage that he's right footed, because Messi always seems to be cutting inside. He'll have to have the match of his life though. You're big weakness seems to be the agility of the central defenders, mght struggle against Tevez and Messi if they get running at directly at them, so maybe you might just lose out 3-2 or something, but if your front players have a good game you'll run them close.

Ruhr said:
rag said:

Frightening, you may not win the world cup but the Euros might be a possibility

Frank the Yank said:
The form book says a Brazil v Argentina Final and that would be superb. I wouldnt be shocked if one of those teams didnt make it. Germany has a real shot v Argentina. That goalkeeper didnt inspire confidence today v Mexico....

thats who i think will be in the final

pee dubya said:
avoidconfusion said:
This. Also having 4-5 players from one club (Bayern Munich) as the core of your team helps a lot too.

I cannot see us beat Argentina though, as much as I would love to see our boys reach the Semi.

I think you've got a good chance against Argentina actually, they're vulnerable to the counter just like England are. Demichelis and Heinze don't inspire much confidence (don't know much about Burdisso or Otamendi). If you manage to get at them, i can see you scoring a couple.

If Boateng plays, although he's young, it might even be an advantage that he's right footed, because Messi always seems to be cutting inside. He'll have to have the match of his life though. You're big weakness seems to be the agility of the central defenders, mght struggle against Tevez and Messi if they get running at directly at them, so maybe you might just lose out 3-2 or something, but if your front players have a good game you'll run them close.

Otamendi was the player that kept Zabeleta out of Argentina world cup sqaud and I think and Burdisso is a player that we are meant to be keeping tabs on

rag said:
Ruhr said:

btw, a bitter moment for Ballack, as he was live on german telly after the match and the commentator asked him, if he believes to be a part of that team in the future ( and it sounded like: you better stay off)

Ruhr said:
rag said:

btw, a bitter moment for Ballack, as he was live on german telly after the match and the commentator asked him, if he believe to be a part of that team in the future ( and it sounded like: you better stay off)

Where would Ballack play anyway?

He would screw up the balance of the team. Schweinsteiger has to play where he plays now and the same with Ozil. And Ballack can't play like a pure DM like Khedira. It might have been like trying to fit players in because of their name without thinking about the team.

Somud said:
It might have been like trying to fit players in because of their name without thinking about the team.
Name a coach who would do something like that.

Wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.