German Vs England

I think England set themselves up for a fall when pundits were seriously saying that only one or two players from the German team would make it into England's team... and didn't one guy even say he wouldn't swap any of them?

There is nothing wrong with confidence but that was just plain arrogant.

England were punished today by a much better TEAM. We have the better players but as a team, Germans all day.
I am now an Argy for the forseeable future....
would love carlos to win it and Messi, therefore granting him a place alongside Diego Maradona as the best....

Unknown_Genius said:
For me, the media and so called experts in this country overrate our own players, and dismiss the merits of other teams. Before the game today, all I heard on the radio and TV, was how Mertesacker and Friedrich were a poor defensive partnering, Boateng was playing out of position and would get brutally exposed by Milner and Johnson, how this Germany team were just boys, and stuff like this. Ozil was described as the only real threat, completely ignoring Klose, a guy with an excellent goalscoring record at this level. This "Golden Generation" lark, is just rubbish. Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard are all very good players indeed, but none are world class, they get alot of help from top class foreigners, and in the end its about a team, not individuals. Maybe if we just accepted we're not as good as we think we are, put all the cliches away, and stopped hyping up individuals, rather than talking about a team, and showed a little more respect to our opponents, we wouldn't be so surprised and go into an public outrage when we go out of a major tournament.

You should have listened to me BEFORE the World Cup even started ........

i said on here not to understimate Germany , that they were well up for it ..... and i've tipped them to win the World Cup.

The media know fuck all ..... it doesn't matter what team the Germans put out , the fighting spirit and the will to win remains ..... and they play like a team ... not like the english did , as strangers!

Having said that their upcoming game against Argentina will be interesting ....... the Argies are on fire , and the Germans will find it extremly tough.

imagine if we played argentina haha jesus we would have got killed on counterattack . am sure gary linker said something simliar

lee-mcfc said:
imagine if we played argentina haha jesus we would have got killed on counterattack . am sure gary linker said something simliar

Argentina are lookin fearsome , especially up front ... Tevez , Messi and Higuain are as good as anything , anywhere.......

but they are suspect in defence , and they would do well not to underestimate Germany , who are more than willing to wait , probe and play through rapid counter-attacks.

It should be a cracking match , and i'm sticking with Germany ...... but i must admit this game worries me.

avoidconfusion said:
I think England set themselves up for a fall when pundits were seriously saying that only one or two players from the German team would make it into England's team... and didn't one guy even say he wouldn't swap any of them?

There is nothing wrong with confidence but that was just plain arrogant.

Nail on head. The English media has a lot to answer for during the build up to this game

Unknown_Genius said:
how this Germany team were just boys, and stuff like this.

what helped the young germans:
A lot of them know each other since playing for german youth teams at the age of 15-16.
Guys like Özil, Kroos, Müller, Neuer or Khedira were given leading roles in their clubs at the age of about 20.
I think both give them a team spirit and self-confidence

Ruhr said:
Unknown_Genius said:

A lot of them know each other since playing for german youth teams at the age of 15-16.
Guys like Özil, Kroos, Müller, Neuer or Khedira were given leading roles in their clubs at the age 20.

This. Also having 4-5 players from one club (Bayern Munich) as the core of your team helps a lot too.

I cannot see us beat Argentina though, as much as I would love to see our boys reach the Semi.

Ruhr said:
Unknown_Genius said:

Guys like Özil, Kroos, Müller, Neuer or Khedira were given leading roles in their clubs at the age 20.

Those players that you mentioned above. Were they the players that beat convicingly England's U-21s in Sweden?

rag said:
Ruhr said:

Those players that you mentioned above. Were they the players that beat convicingly England's U-21s in Sweden?

oh yes they tore them a new one.....again....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.