German Vs England

NewbBlue said:
What this shows is that English players aren't worth shit for the most part.

Milner actually looked decent, but he is not in Ozil's class. Barry wouldn't even make the German or Dutch teams. Dumping Nige for Barry is just flat out comical.

English football needs an overhaul.

No what it showed was how much we missed Rio Ferdinand, and how little difference playing a 4-5-1 would have made.

It was a nice excuse to head down the pub with the lads but I really don't give a shit until Capello and this golden generation fuck off.

A lad on a forum i go on got it spot on.

Today was appalling. The defence was abysmal. I was hoping for 5 to be truthful, because every goal was a moment that showed why Terry is a complete liability at international level. Johnson was atrocious, possibly our worst player, which is saying something. There is no 'golden generation', even though we seemingly have one at every world cup. Steven Gerrard is an excellent player, but building a team round him or even accommodating him is so difficult that it's getting to be detrimental to the team. There has to be a compromise between pure ability and what makes the team work, and in my eyes Gerrard unfortunately is the man who changes the balance beyond what works.

What summed the whole attitude towards the national side up was Shearer saying 'these aren't the same players we see week in week out in the premiership on a Saturday'. Well... maybe they are? Did it ever occur to anyone that although it's a decent indicator of how good a player someone is, it's no indicator of how they will perform when faced with less familiar surroundings and opponents. We always laud the pace of the game in England, that there is no league quite like ours as far as the pace of the game etc. Anyone ever consider that it might be one of the barriers that stops our national side winning at big tournaments? Remember the mid-nineties, when our teams had to learn to adapt to playing against the big European sides? When we woudl go out in the first knockout stages to teams because they played football that we basically didn't understand how to play against? That is the epiphany that we have yet to have at an international level.

I suppose in a way it is irrelevant. Not one player had a good world cup. That is damning. The defending in the Germany game was probably the worst I have seen from players in the upper echelon of the premiership. All I think is that maybe we need the same attitude as the German fans, who don't seem to believe that they are entitled to anything.

Such a horrendous day. Ugh. Embarrassing, yet I am happy in a way. I want the mentality to change, the jingoism to be cast aside etc. That is probably a forlorn hope with our press, but I think maybe the average fan is starting to understand that a great bunch of players does not equate to a great team.

GermanyV england the difference

Germany -England a different perspective.........Ok yes it was not what we wanted.......but many years ago I played semi pro in Germany and I can tell you all, there is a vast difference between the game in England and the game in Germany......In Germany the game is played by middles class people.....in England it is a working class game. So the Germans play with the head!.......they play in a far cleverer way than us, as soon as we closed back to 2-1 down I just knew we would lose 3-1 or 4-1...just look at the way they picked us off...pure class...us english huff and puff put brains beat us every time!!!!

Re: GermanyV england the difference

kinkysleftfoot said:
In Germany the game is played by middles class people.....in England it is a working class game.

Working class = thick as fuck

Middle class = clever

FACT

Re: GermanyV england the difference

Yeah I bet Özil was nice middle class kid when he grow up with turkish immigrant parents in Gelsenkirchens turkish areas...

In northern Germany it´s a working class sport, in the south like the affluent Bayern more middle class perhaps

For me, the media and so called experts in this country overrate our own players, and dismiss the merits of other teams. Before the game today, all I heard on the radio and TV, was how Mertesacker and Friedrich were a poor defensive partnering, Boateng was playing out of position and would get brutally exposed by Milner and Johnson, how this Germany team were just boys, and stuff like this. Ozil was described as the only real threat, completely ignoring Klose, a guy with an excellent goalscoring record at this level. This "Golden Generation" lark, is just rubbish. Rooney, Lampard and Gerrard are all very good players indeed, but none are world class, they get alot of help from top class foreigners, and in the end its about a team, not individuals. Maybe if we just accepted we're not as good as we think we are, put all the cliches away, and stopped hyping up individuals, rather than talking about a team, and showed a little more respect to our opponents, we wouldn't be so surprised and go into an public outrage when we go out of a major tournament.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.