Germany v Denmark - Sat 29th June, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Round of 16

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The accuracy of the technology is really not the issue here and we're at risk of throwing the baby out with the bath water. This offside tech is undeniably very reliable and accurate, there is no human involvement in calculating the offsides. Huge improvement on "the lines".

The issue is that it measures offside with such accuracy that it is nearly impossible for a person to know themselves if they are offending.

It's an easy fix for me, it just needs an "umpire's call" zone that goes with the on-field decision. Say if the player is less than one foot offside.
Only problem with that is they’re told not to put their flags up!

What I dodnt understand is how anyone can make the interpretation of handball to be if it glances the finger from a ball kicked two yards away What a fucking idiot would decide that?
It’s bollox and tbh var should be scrapped but his what we have got and we have to get on with it as every team has been fucked over but if you notice it’s always the English officials who are in the thick of it .

I know he is distinctly unpopular on here for his ubiquitous references to a certain night, but I'm going to miss the Clive Tyldesley/Ally McCoist partnership on commentary. Especially when compared to the Matterface/Dixon combination we'll be saddled with from now on.

I'm confused as to why Germany went chasing more goals after they went 1-0 up. I thought in international football the process is you go 1-0 up, take your best players off and then start hoofing the ball up field or pass backwards?
That’s the old England way. The New England way involves hoofing the ball and taking your best players off, as you described, but without actually scoring at all….

“But if toe nails of attackers offside are not considered gaining an unfair advantage, where do we draw the line? Are we going to also say that kicking a ball at a defender’s hand from one yard away is not a hand ball? Or that a player extending their leg out to drag their foot over or into a defender or keeper in the box should not be a penalty? Or that feigning a head injury—when replays clearly show no contact anywhere near your head—should not be rewarded by referees stopping play? Or—HUSH—assert intentionally trying to hurt someone in a snide way by barging in to their face with your shoulder should be punishable with a red card? The game will have gone mad!”
A toe nail is not gaining advantage
We draw the line by getting rid of VAR and letting the Lino decide like they did successfully for over a hundred years
If a player deliberately “leaves a leg in” then it shouldn’t be a foul Like Havertz last season last week a player did exactly the same and was booked for simulation that was the correct decision
A ball hitting a hand from close proximity shouldn’t be punished We need to go back to pre-var
Feigning any injury should be retro punished
Intentionally hurting or endangering one is already punished

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.