Germany w/end away ?

If you go to Berlin make sure you do the tour on the Segways. Great way to see the City and good fun too.

Germany is a wonderful country, I'm sure you will enjoy it wherever you go!
I have in been 4 times but would defo recommend the following:
Hamburg..really cool place but probably more for a stag do than a romantic break!
Dusselforf..again a nice place, good for shopping and bars etc but a bit too much like Manchester city centre for me!
Which brings me to Cologne...simply stunning place!
Great beer, bars, food etc and it also as one of the most amazing buildings I have ever seen!...the cathedral near the train station..makes Notre dame look like the arndale centre!

Enjoy!

gazhinio said:
Hamburg..really cool place but probably more for a stag do than a romantic break!
Dusselforf..again a nice place, good for shopping and bars etc but a bit too much like Manchester city centre for me!
Great beer, bars, food etc and it also as one of the most amazing buildings I have ever seen!...the cathedral near the train station..makes Notre dame look like the arndale centre!

Enjoy!

Completely forgot I went to Cologne this summer!!
Can completely agree with everything said here about the place. Also I've already said how great I think Germans are but I have to say that in Cologne that is especially the case. Some great bars opposite that Cathedral one of which serves lager out of wooden barrels. Fit birds too (not that you're bothered about that of course!!)

(Munich still edges it - bigger and nicer hinterland - but it's a close call)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
gazhinio said:

Enjoy!

Completely forgot I went to Cologne this summer!!
Can completely agree with everything said here about the place. Also I've already said how great I think Germans are but I have to say that in Cologne that is especially the case. Some great bars opposite that Cathedral one of which serves lager out of wooden barrels. Fit birds too (not that you're bothered about that of course!!)

(Munich still edges it - bigger and nicer hinterland - but it's a close call)

It's called Fruh Am Dom

I uses to live near Dortmund. Top place. Not as pretty as say cologne but the local beer (Dortmunder) is the best in Germany plus for 13 Euros you can stand in the largest terrace in Europe. Brossia Dortmund is a brilliant experience. Best atmosphere in western europe!

Your missus might not be too in to it though. Best take her to Cologne.

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Cologne is a great place and I'm off to Munich in May which should be a great trip, especially as I have tickets for an 1860 Munich game as well.

if they still exist in may

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.