Germany w/end away ?

salfordtrueblue said:
The Pink Panther said:
What time of year are you thinking of and for what purpose are you going?
probably this summer,with the Mrs, scenery/good bars/restaurants oh and not to expensive either !

Unfortunately my friend I think you will find it doesn't come cheap. Germany is certainly on a par with this country when it comes to eating out, hotels etc.

For the most spectacular scenery, you have to visit the Black Forest, Freiburg being the largest city there. If you visit in August they'll be plenty of village fests going on and as it'll be the start of the Bundesliga season, why not take in a game at one of the most picturesque stadiums in Europe

3980565918_83b4cb8897.jpg

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ruhr said:
if they still exist in may

What's happening with 1860?

on January, 13th, they must present 5,3 Million Euro to save their Bundesliga-licence. And they need the financial help of FC Bayern for that. A shame, that is.

Lark Lane Blue said:
Dresden is really nice, I mean really nice, especially at Xmas.
Stuttgart is cool too, being Southern and quite close to Switzerland it feels a lot more cosmopolitan than a lot of places in Germany, definitely a lot less mullets in the bigger cities.

I have to agree with Dresden - a lovely place - been a few times and it's easy and quick to get there on the train from Prague

Ruhr said:
SuperKevinHorlock said:
What's happening with 1860?

on January, 13th, they must present 5,3 Million Euro to save their Bundesliga-licence. And they need the financial help of FC Bayern for that. A shame, that is.

That's bad news I hope they get sorted out, what kind of crowds do they get at home?
Thanks for the info mate.

Got to agree with Gazinho, Cologne is one of my favourite cities in the world, especially in summer. Sitting at an outdoor cafe by the Rhine, sipping ice cold local 'Kolsch' lager out of those funny test tube glasses they use there as a procession of supermodel-class women stroll past. Great place, more like a Mediterranean city than Germany. They have a mad festival over there where all the men stock up on cheap ties. Everyone gets pissed and the women all carry scissors. If they see a man wearing a tie, they cut it off but must give the bloke a kiss. I repeat, these are not like our typical Manc skanks, they are stunners. The same weekend they throw a huge free gig in the cathedral square. Not crap either, it was REM the year I went

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Ruhr said:

That's bad news I hope they get sorted out, what kind of crowds do they get at home?
Thanks for the info mate.

average attendance ist 19.875 this season

LongsightM13 said:
They have a mad festival over there where all the men stock up on cheap ties. Everyone gets pissed and the women all carry scissors. If they see a man wearing a tie, they cut it off but must give the bloke a kiss. I repeat, these are not like our typical Manc skanks, they are stunners. The same weekend they throw a huge free gig in the cathedral square. Not crap either, it was REM the year I went

that´s womens carnival. The start of the final days of the carnival session, which is especially celebrated in Cologne, Düsseldorf and Mainz.

Ruhr said:
LongsightM13 said:
They have a mad festival over there where all the men stock up on cheap ties. Everyone gets pissed and the women all carry scissors. If they see a man wearing a tie, they cut it off but must give the bloke a kiss. I repeat, these are not like our typical Manc skanks, they are stunners. The same weekend they throw a huge free gig in the cathedral square. Not crap either, it was REM the year I went

that´s womens carnival. The start of the final days of the carnival session, which is especially celebrated in Cologne, Düsseldorf and Mainz.
It is fucking brilliant, Ruhr! We have nothing like that here. I might even book the week tomorrow

it´s " the fifth season", a deeply catholic thing. Six days of getting drunk and wearing silly costumes (before Jesus went into the desert for 40 days). In Cologne or Mainz you hardly will find anyone, who will work properly in these days. They are all out on the streets

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.