Germany

They arrested a man yesterday in Aachen as he was going around his asylum centre telling people of an imminent attack in Paris early last week. I imagine he blabbed which have lead to todays arrests.

no arrests and no bomb found yet. The interior minister said, they will not say anything about the warning as it could worry the people and would make the work of the police harder. Whatever that means..

I get that but I honestly wouldn't believe a word that came out of their mouths.

I'm usually opposed to the death penalty but i'd make an exception for this lot. They don't value life and are only here to destroy.

I don't think it's that simple. There are too many people ready to take the places of the "martyrs" and it's a fight that will never be won. The more stories of bombings and killings,the more "volunteers". Merkel and the idiots who run Europe have opened the doors and made cross border travel way too easy and it's too late to stop it now. This will be an ongoing war. Look how it is stirring hatred on here.

IS are tactically very competent. They have attacked tourist destinations to ruin their economies, make more young people disenchanted and more likely to join them when they have no money, they have got people scared of visiting places, scared of visiting sports venues and shopping centres. This will hit economies and economic growth which affects the western countries. They are stoking up the far right and the tub thumping Amercian politicians (some) and this is exactly what they want to happen. They have grown extremely rapidly.

Unfortunately Western governments as always didn't respond to the threat quickly enough and it's now become a huge job. In my opinion there will be troops on the ground in Syria in the next 3-6 months and they will be Russian. Where it goes from there, who knows.

They arrested a man yesterday in Aachen as he was going around his asylum centre telling people of an imminent attack in Paris early last week. I imagine he blabbed which have lead to todays arrests.
The arrests in Aachen were because someone phoned the police to say the Paris suspect was there, he wasn't, and they've all since been released without charge, precautions.

I don't think it's that simple. There are too many people ready to take the places of the "martyrs" and it's a fight that will never be won. The more stories of bombings and killings,the more "volunteers". Merkel and the idiots who run Europe have opened the doors and made cross border travel way too easy and it's too late to stop it now. This will be an ongoing war. Look how it is stirring hatred on here.

IS are tactically very competent. They have attacked tourist destinations to ruin their economies, make more young people disenchanted and more likely to join them when they have no money, they have got people scared of visiting places, scared of visiting sports venues and shopping centres. This will hit economies and economic growth which affects the western countries. They are stoking up the far right and the tub thumping Amercian politicians (some) and this is exactly what they want to happen. They have grown extremely rapidly.

Unfortunately Western governments as always didn't respond to the threat quickly enough and it's now become a huge job. In my opinion there will be troops on the ground in Syria in the next 3-6 months and they will be Russian. Where it goes from there, who knows.

Unfortunately very true. From a terrorist point of view it's an extremely cost effective method. Maximum damage, maximum exposure and minimal costs to themselves. Like 9/11, almost perfect for the perpetraitors and many more will be waiting to take up the fight and get thier grubby paws on the 40 virgins or whatever other rewards await them.
It's very difficult to fight a war against a state of mind.

All correct, but they are now on the back foot, the bombing of the Russian plane was stupidity, as they will soon find out, the Paris attacks, ditto, because they've now got 2 quite powerful foes pretty pissed off, and both have pretty significant forces they can bring to bare.

Sure they'll export further terror, but their ultimate aim of a 'caliphate' is now in serious trouble.

In my opinion we should stay right where we are, and stay out of Syria for now, well as "out" as we appear to be anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.