Germany's far right

I’m not German and certainly not far right, but I wander the streets of Frankfurt on a regular basis and, if you didn’t hear German spoken and see the signage, you might wonder if you were in Germany at all from the people you see wandering about around you.

I don’t have an answer to the question “Is this even a problem?” because I don’t live there. However, the rise of nationalism across the world suggests it will become an increasing problem in many locations.

Indeed, the recent incident in NYC’s Times Square, where a bunch of migrants bussed from the border states get into an altercation with 2 police officers, who end up on the ground getting kicked and punched by the mob, has created quite a stir. Even the leftist NY State Governor was asked about it and she said, “Send them back where they came from. Nobody attacks a NY cop and gets away with it!” The fact that they were released on NO BAIL has infuriated many, too.

The massive displacement of peoples across Europe, and even the USA, is creating problems that many citizens find easy to pin on these populations of “other.” It has been a frog boiling exercise to this point, but I think the frog has started to recognize it getting too hot and the migrants in charge of the burner need to be removed,

No easy answers.

I’m not German and certainly not far right, but I wander the streets of Frankfurt on a regular basis and, if you didn’t hear German spoken and see the signage, you might wonder if you were in Germany at all from the people you see wandering about around you.

I don’t have an answer to the question “Is this even a problem?” because I don’t live there. However, the rise of nationalism across the world suggests it will become an increasing problem in many locations.

Indeed, the recent incident in NYC’s Times Square, where a bunch of migrants bussed from the border states get into an altercation with 2 police officers, who end up on the ground getting kicked and punched by the mob, has created quite a stir. Even the leftist NY State Governor was asked about it and she said, “Send them back where they came from. Nobody attacks a NY cop and gets away with it!” The fact that they were released on NO BAIL has infuriated many, too.

The massive displacement of peoples across Europe, and even the USA, is creating problems that many citizens find easy to pin on these populations of “other.” It has been a frog boiling exercise to this point, but I think the frog has started to recognize it getting too hot and the migrants in charge of the burner need to be removed,

No easy answers.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that you're not originally from the USA?

No easy answers.
Every great progressive remark starts 'im not far right but'... Classic stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to recall that you're not originally from the USA?
I will not correct you. You are not wrong. I was born and raised in the UK, but have lived my adult life in the USA and hold dual citizenship.

And, this is important, why? Because I’m a LEGAL USA IMMIGRANT???

I will not correct you. You are not wrong. I was born and raised in the UK, but have lived my adult life in the USA and hold dual citizenship.

And, this is important, why? Because I’m a LEGAL USA IMMIGRANT???
Ok cool just checking, so we're both migrants - in my case to Germany. It's important because you were implying that migration is somehow inherently a problem and I wondered why you think that is, since I assume you wouldn't describe yourself as a problem for the USA.

Ok cool just checking, so we're both migrants - in my case to Germany. It's important because you were implying that migration is somehow inherently a problem and I wondered why you think that is, since I assume you wouldn't describe yourself as a problem for the USA.
Not inherently, but the mass migration/dislocation of recent years has certainly put a strain on many countries in Europa at a time of economic malaise. That makes it easier for those that want to use it as a “See, I told you!” type event to further their nationalist agenda…hence the rise of the right across Europe and America!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.