Gerrard

ribbo said:
and why should city put 30m into Liverpools transfer pot, could get 2 or 3 players all better than Gerrard, and then become realistic challengers again, whilst we end up stuck with another write off case

I can see your point, but to say we could get 2 or three better plays better with £30m - I am not so sure.

I honestly think that the Steven Gerrard in the premier league, at a club that does not play him in every game of the season would get one of the best midfielders in Europe still.

At times last season gerard looked tired and dejected, if liverpool don't start well he will go the same way.

Whereas a new challenge and he may flurish. I believe we are the only club who would pay the money for someone turning 30 but he would be a good signing for a few years.

Either way i think we end up winners

While I honestly think that while Gerrard is still a great player, his peak has likely been reached. I doubt he would be much on an improvement on City's side, even if he wanted to move here.

Best to spend the money elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.